BugDay Report

Wednesday November 24th, 1999

Asa Dotzler writes in with a report on the first BugDay, which occurred yesterday on #mozillazine.

"First Weekly BugDay a Success

The first weekly BugDay was both fun and productive. Many people showed up including new mozilla users, veterans of the project, Netscape developers, quality assurance team members and even a few wallflowers. People with all levels of involvement and familiarity worked together to find, verify and report new bugs, clarify or add to old bug reports, answer questions, etc...

BugDay proved to be a great opportunity to meet new people and get involved with Mozilla in new ways. New dialogs opened between Netscape developers and 3rd party coders/qa contributers. People new to Mozilla learned more about Mozilla the browser as well as Mozilla the project, helped to root out difficult bugs and learned how to use Bugzilla to search for existing bugs and file new bug reports.

Thanks to everyone that participated. Watch for the next BugDay announcement and till then keep up the bug hunting!

For more information on BugDay keep your browser tuned to mozillazine or stop by IRC at irc.mozilla.org, channel #mozillazine.

Further information and the latest builds of Mozilla can be found at http://www.mozilla.org."

Also, the devchat with Dave Hyatt was very informative. I'll try to get the log online today, but more than likely it will be up after the Thanskgiving vacation.

#1 Wallflower?

by Anon

Wednesday November 24th, 1999 8:23 AM

What is a wallflower?

#2 Wallflower?

by Anon

Wednesday November 24th, 1999 9:30 AM

Its a little girl that sits at the edge of a party waiting to be offered a dance by a dashing young gent.

#3 Wallflower?

by Anon

Wednesday November 24th, 1999 12:13 PM

Like a lurker on a mailing list.

#12 Wallflower?

by Anon

Saturday November 27th, 1999 6:31 PM

A wallflower. Someone that observes from a distance.

Might as well be one of the flowers in the wallpaper.

#4 Thanksgiving?

by MattyT <matty@box.net.au>

Wednesday November 24th, 1999 2:07 PM

And Thanksgiving is when? C'mon Chris, you're catering to a worldwide audience here. =)

#6 Thursday November, 25th

by Anon

Wednesday November 24th, 1999 3:22 PM

Thanksgiving is always the last Thursday of November.

#13 Not true.

by FrodoB

Sunday November 28th, 1999 8:58 PM

It's always the fourth Thursday of November. In years where there are five Thursdays in November, it doesn't fall on the last one.

#5 BugDay Report

by thelem

Wednesday November 24th, 1999 3:16 PM

Yeah, I don't know when thanks giving is either.

Check South Park calender (well that would have it on, wouldn't it): 25th December.

Lemming

#9 BugDay Report

by arielb

Thursday November 25th, 1999 4:31 AM

wrong holiday :)

#7 BugDay Report A+

by Anon

Wednesday November 24th, 1999 5:56 PM

I really enjoyed the BugDay. I think it is a great way to introduce new testers to Bugzilla and Mozilla in general. The coordinators of this project were more than helpful in diagnosing new bugs, and noting duplicate bugs. I found the atmosphere to be an encouraging one. Hopefully, BugDay will become a weekly (or at least recurring) event.

#8 Fun, sorry i didn't get to do more

by mykmelez <myk@zapogee.com>

Wednesday November 24th, 1999 6:11 PM

From what I could see, people were really getting into it, enjoying the camaraderie as well as learning a lot about mozilla and bugzilla. I made plans to attend and participate, but then work, sickness, and the difference in time zones got the better of me.

Nevertheless, the little bit i did do and the lurking i did a lot more of while i was doing other things reinforced what a great community there is in the #mozillazine channel and how useful (for everyone, not just the mozilla project) this bugday thing could become.

I sure hope it happens again, because i want to learn how to report bugs with bugzilla!

myk

#10 stuped mid-term paper

by gerbilpower <gerbil@ucdavis.edu>

Thursday November 25th, 1999 9:37 AM

Every though everyone has already said it, I'll add my own comments anyway: I liked BugDay! I liked it so much I only got 4 hours sleep, no wait that was the fault of my mid-term paper, hehe.

Yes it was fun and wished I could have stayed on longer, well look forward to the next BugDay!

<:3)~~

#11 Bug day timer?

by Anon

Friday November 26th, 1999 10:01 PM

I would seriously like to be in on a mozilla bug day, but being on the wrong side of the globe (Aus) makes it a bit hard for me to figure out when some specific time given in american time actually is. So how about some putting together a cgi or javascript that gives the number of days and hours to the next bugday session? That us other-siders could participate by staying up late or something. :)