Danish Version of Mozilla Nears Completion

Monday August 30th, 1999

Henrik Lynggaard Hansen writes, "I don't know if this is news or even important, but I have an (almost) complete translation of Mozilla to Danish lying on my hard-drive. It will be mailed to Tao from the I18N group sometime tommorow so hopefully it will appear in the nightly builds real soon..."

Great news! Henrik also writes that he's heard news of a Bosnian translation also in the works. Does anyone know how many official translations Mozilla has at this point?

#1 Other languages

by rgelb <nospam@nospam.com>

Monday August 30th, 1999 11:20 PM

Does anyone know whether Mozilla will be available in Egyptian, Argentinian, Iranian and Gibrish?

#2 Mozilla Available in Bosnian

by Adnan <a.selimovic@qssbh.com>

Tuesday August 31st, 1999 1:15 AM

You can download build 199907614 with bosnian dtd files from <ftp://ftp-public.soros.or…pub/qss/mozilla-win32.zip>. If you intend to include Bosnian dtd files into the cvs tree please tell me that. I will send you then dtd files for the latest build.

As far as I know, only Henrik and we are localizing Mozilla.

thanks,

Adnan Selimovic QSS, <http://www.qssbh.com/>, Sarajevo

#4 Re: Mozilla Available in Bosnian

by wheezy

Tuesday August 31st, 1999 12:48 PM

Just curious, will any work be done on Croatian, Dalmatian, Serbian (which would require a whole different character set), Slovenian, and any other related "flavors" of Serbo-Croat?

#9 "Flavors" of Serbo-Croat

by Adnan <a.selimovic@qssbh.com>

Thursday September 2nd, 1999 1:31 AM

Bosnian, Croatian, Slovenian and Macedonian use ISO-8859-2. Well, Serbian too, but Cyrillic character set is prefered.

Dalmatian is colloquial language and only Dalmatians in Croatia speek that language.

Cheers from Sarajevo,

Adnan

#3 RE: Mozilla Available in Bosnian

by Lynggaard <Lynggaard@netscape.net>

Tuesday August 31st, 1999 12:35 PM

Adnan: I think you shoudd send them to Tao, so he can check it into the three.

#5 rgelb

by rgelb <nospam@nospam.com>

Tuesday August 31st, 1999 2:21 PM

Am I the only one here that thinks that there is no such thing as Bosnian language?

#6 rgelb

by Anon

Tuesday August 31st, 1999 8:39 PM

Yes. You may also not know that Egyptians speak Arabic and Argentinians speak Spanish. :)

#8 Sarcasm central

by rgelb <nospam@nospam.com>

Wednesday September 1st, 1999 10:08 AM

I thought, that your browser would have caught a sarcasm overload in my original posting about Argentinian and iranian, but I guess not.

Long live the Moroccan language.

#7 That's like saying there's no Canadian language

by SomeSmartAss

Wednesday September 1st, 1999 8:59 AM

Yes, we Canucks do speak either english or french (some of us even speak both) but we do have certain idioms, and even spelling differences from the more common US or UK versions of the english language and definately have a very distinct French usage (vu tu un notre Hambourjoie) from France's (or Bengium's, or switzerland's) french.