M9 Is Out!

Thursday August 26th, 1999

John Thacker has the news!

"M9 is out! Get it here."

Versions for Win32, Mac, and Linux are available.

If you've already been there and done that, be sure to check out the nightly M10 builds. I think I read that they were merging the M9 branch in today.

#1 Yep

by MattyT <matty@box.net.au>

Thursday August 26th, 1999 6:04 PM

Yes, they are doing a carpool.

#2 mmm

Thursday August 26th, 1999 8:01 PM

The M9 Linux build is against glibc2.1. If your distro doesn't have it yet (ie: Debian Slink, which I have) then don't bother.

#3 Reason

by badben

Thursday August 26th, 1999 8:28 PM

#4 M9 Is Out!

by sdm

Thursday August 26th, 1999 9:24 PM

So, would it be possible for people to just download glibc2.1, and put it in /usr/local/lib, and it will work, like you do with gtk1.0 and gimp?

[I tried posting this from a linux build from today, but I guess it didn't go through]

#6 Ditto That with 98!

Thursday August 26th, 1999 10:37 PM

Strange did work.. I think Wallet is blocking it. Oh well. I'll check with M10 build later and file bug.

#14 M9 Is Out!

Friday August 27th, 1999 9:26 AM

> So, would it be possible for > people to just download glibc2.1, > and put it in /usr/local/lib, > and it will work, like you do > with gtk1.0 and gimp?

I don't think so... The problem is with the dynamic loader, ie /lib/ld-linux.so.2. If you don't replace that, you're screwed for binaries. You can specify a different one if you build from source, though... I think the you have to tell gcc "-Wl,--dynamic-linker,/usr/local/lib/ld-linux.so.2, but check your friendly local manpage to be sure. SNF .

#5 M9 Is Out!

by cyeh <cyeh@netscape.com>

Thursday August 26th, 1999 9:47 PM

M9 Merge is complete.

#7 M10 Build < Beware >

Thursday August 26th, 1999 10:38 PM

Last 3 M10 build d/l it black out my Win98. Sometime it shut down sometime it trun off my ATX.

I'm sure the problem will be work out very soon. but don't do anything important when you try to use Mozilla m10 nightly builds.

I'm using M9 right now.. pretty stable. so far.

#8 M10 Build < Beware >

Thursday August 26th, 1999 11:05 PM

I'm using M9 right now.. pretty stable. so far.

#9 M9 Is Out!

Thursday August 26th, 1999 11:44 PM

How does one get proxies working with M9? Or am I asking something incredibly stupid?

#10 M9 Is Out!

Friday August 27th, 1999 12:13 AM

It's not a stupid question. But no, proxyies don't work yet.

#11 M9 Is Out!

Friday August 27th, 1999 1:51 AM

I build Solaris 7 sparc binaries. Any email to comtact where I can send it to ??

#12 M9 is Out!

by havoc

Friday August 27th, 1999 2:22 AM

I'm building FreeBSD binaries. Same question as above.

#13 Full Circle AWOL

Friday August 27th, 1999 7:45 AM

Well, I'm experiencing a few more crashes than M8 (MacOS 8.6, G3/266), _but_ I notice full circle is totally absent this go around. Anyone know why?? Because of Necko (for both reasons)??

#18 Full Circle AWOL

Friday August 27th, 1999 3:20 PM

build system reorg caused a delay in getting fullcircle enable builds finished.

They should be on the ftp site tonight....

thanks chofmann

#19 Full Circle AWOL

by gerbilpower <gerbil@ucdavis.edu>

Friday August 27th, 1999 10:31 PM

M9 with Fullcircle is now up on the FTP for PCs, downloading it now, whoohoo!

#15 Mac version can't show mozillazine?

Friday August 27th, 1999 11:42 AM

Is it just me or is anyone else with the Mac version not able to read mozillazine? When mozillazine.org comes up, I get the background, I get the banner ad, but that's it. Evertyhing below the banner isn't there.

Nothing on bugzilla about this that I could find, but considering mozilla is the default page you'd think it's so obvious someone would have added it by now.

Maybe I'm crazy.

#16 Mac version can't show mozillazine?

by gerbilpower <gerbil@ucdavis.edu>

Friday August 27th, 1999 2:30 PM

I used to get that quite often with Milestone 8 and I use a PC, but my computer is naturally buggy. So far I haven't had that problem with Milestone 9 (HORRAY!) and it isn't crashing on me as much :)

This is my first time posting here so hope this works out.

#17 Mac version can't show mozillazine?

by gerbilpower <gerbil@ucdavis.edu>

Friday August 27th, 1999 2:35 PM

This is my first time posting here so hope this works out.

#20 Linux: libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2

Saturday August 28th, 1999 3:00 PM

what is this? I don't have it, even though I have glibc2.1 installed. I have libstc++ 2.9.0 installed. Surprisingly symlinking to it dowsn't help.

#21 BeOS Version

Sunday August 29th, 1999 3:31 PM

Any one found a BeOS binary lying around?

#22 I want BeOS!

Saturday September 18th, 1999 12:21 PM

Hmmm... any news on a BeOS version? I'm really interested.