New CSS and XSL Tutorials

Wednesday August 11th, 1999

Miloslav Nic writes, "Recently I have published new tutorials on CSS and XSL. The CSS tutorial already demonstrates the urgent need of Gecko with complete support CSS1 and CSS2 and hopefully later for XSL standard. The examples in CSS tutorial often display incorrectly in some [older] browsers."

The CSS tutorial has an intriguing layout that allows you to see the HTML source, the CSS code, and the result. Many of the examples allow you to turn off the styling and change the HTML source to see the effect.

#1 New CSS and XSL Tutorials

by Anon

Wednesday August 11th, 1999 10:17 AM

More CSS tutorials like this are needed if people are to take advantage of CSS. The problem in this case, though, is that I can't get there in Mozilla! The Unknown File Type box pops up and stops me cold. Netscape 4.6 can get in, but I'm wondering how useful that is since it has such poor CSS support. IE tells me I need to download Pan-European text support to get in! Is this just a problem with my build (which is about a week or so old, 1999080312) or is this a general Mozilla prob?

#2 9/10/99 win32 build works

by asa <asa@mozilla.org>

Wednesday August 11th, 1999 10:34 AM

The tutorial functions under yesterdays win32 build. Great work!

#3 Wasn't yesterday 8/10/99 ... ? (NT)

by jmissig <x-virge@shafe.com>

Wednesday August 11th, 1999 1:50 PM

NT = No Text, sorry

#4 I'm looking into it, but I think you're correct...

by asa <asa@mozilla.org>

Wednesday August 11th, 1999 5:50 PM

you're probably right yesterday was likely to have been 8/10/99.

#5 Off Topic!!!

by Dan6992

Thursday August 12th, 1999 1:17 PM

I know this is completely offtopic, but does any one know when M9 is going to be released??? All the documentation says it should have been released at the end of July.

#6 Any time now...

by mozineAdmin

Thursday August 12th, 1999 2:14 PM

The tree has been closed to new additions for M9, and they're cleaning it up for release. Should be sometime within the next few days, hopefully. M9 was delayed a bit due to the landing of Necko, the new networking library.

#7 OS/2 is not dead. Wake up

by Anon

Monday August 16th, 1999 8:17 AM

Why ro you guys always exclude OS/2 or slam it as an OS. You did not even include it in your OS survey asking "what operating system do you plan to run Mozilla on?"

#8 It's not dead compare to Amiga.

by Anon

Tuesday August 17th, 1999 12:38 PM

Just a little bit livlier then Amiga I'm sure!!!