Mozilla Dispenses with Old, Proprietary DOM
Monday June 14th, 1999
The Mozilla team has decided to forgo backwards compatibility with Netscape's proprietary DOM so they can throw their full efforts behind proper DOM Level 1 support for Mozilla's first release. Click here to read more at News.com, or here to read the thread from the newsgroup.
Thanks to Kovu for the news.
#4 Re:Mozilla Dispenses with Old, Proprietary DOM
Monday June 14th, 1999 6:54 PM
You are replying to this message
(1) The current state of DOM support in Gecko is agonizing, frustrating, and deplorable.
(2) Good DOM support is absolutely critical to the survival of the browser.
(3) Backwards compatibility with the old klugy, obsolete, proprietary object model isn't worth a flip.
(4) The project is in deep doodoo if it can't get this fixed in a timely fashion. It's way, way behind.
(5) All of that is clear. The only mystery is why Krock said the decision was a hard one to make.