MozillaZine

Mozilla Dispenses with Old, Proprietary DOM

Monday June 14th, 1999

The Mozilla team has decided to forgo backwards compatibility with Netscape's proprietary DOM so they can throw their full efforts behind proper DOM Level 1 support for Mozilla's first release. Click here to read more at News.com, or here to read the thread from the newsgroup.

Thanks to Kovu for the news.


#15 Re:Mozilla Dispenses with Old, Proprietary DOM

by arielb

Tuesday June 15th, 1999 9:07 AM

You are replying to this message

ack c'mon anon guys just be members! :)

If people like a new browser that works with 90% of the sites are out there then the site developers who make the other 10% will want to rewrite the websites otherwise people won't come to their sites. So it works both ways in a way