Mozilla Foundation First Anniversary Today

Thursday July 15th, 2004

Today is the first anniversary of the creation of the Mozilla Foundation, after mozilla.org was spun off from America Online/Netscape. mozilla.org currently has a small message talking about what's been accomplished in a year — check out the front page of mozilla.org to view it today, or see it archived on Mozilla Foundation President Mitchell Baker's blog. We'd like to just say congratulations, and here's to another good year!

#1 happy birthday :)

by roseman

Thursday July 15th, 2004 9:59 AM

happy birthday :) may there be many more

#2 Re: happy birthday :)

by Butters <tim@dgwh.com>

Thursday July 15th, 2004 10:04 AM

but lets hope stuff actually happens between them, instead of the current stall we seem to have at the moment

#3 Re: Re: happy birthday :)

by roseman

Thursday July 15th, 2004 10:36 AM

myself, i have been happy with progress. Microsoft is Glacial-paced. Mozilla is Rabbit-paced. may not be ferrari-paced, but considering how many features they add and how many bugs get fixed (and how QUICKLY they get fixed) i cannot complain. looking back seeing where we are now with 1.7.1 compared to 1.4 compared to 1.0.2; just amazing. microsoft cannot even develop simple patches at that rate, let alone add features (when they do it seems to mostly introduce more security flaws). for a volunteer open-source not-for-profit (or whatever it is called) they do well. MS spends billions developing a disaster; mozilla for free gives away good product with what i think is rapid development, with minimal "stall" time. for a freebie, they are a godsend.

#4 Congrats

by martinjh99

Thursday July 15th, 2004 11:33 AM

Well done guys keep up the good work!

I have used Moz/Firefox/Thunderbird for a good while now as a replacement for IE/OE/other mail clients I was using and they rock!!

Firefox rocks more than Mozilla though as it is smaller ;)

#5 Thank you!

by Mithgol

Thursday July 15th, 2004 1:31 PM

Firefox is great, and this year was good, really.

#6 firefox convert

by grassmanfive

Thursday July 22nd, 2004 4:33 PM

Kim Komando convinced me to migrate away from I/E because of security concerns AND I might add that I also stuffed the SBC Yahoo brouser because it's a I/E spinoff ------- I'm not a whiz with the pc but i really like the way firefox operates Thanks for a good product

#7 Firefox user

by grassmanfive

Thursday July 22nd, 2004 4:38 PM

I'm hoping the hackers will not start targeting firefox as they did I/E It seems that someone could come up with a utility that would block such malicious code from being able to travel over the net But for now I feel that with firefox and avast and Zonealarm and spybot search and destroy I can surf with a measure of security I owe my security to Kim Komando's good guidance