Updated Mozilla Developer Day Information

Tuesday July 13th, 2004

Marcia Knous writes: "Updated information regarding registration for the upcoming Mozilla Developer Day is now available on mozilla.org.

"We are encouraging participants to register early — the first 30 people to register get a Gmail account!"

#1 $$$

by gdeka <gdeka@myrealbox.com>

Tuesday July 13th, 2004 8:13 PM

If only i had the money to get over there - is a bit hard for the rest of the world (Australia). We need a MozConfAU - or MozConf - whatver country

#2 Mmmm donuts!

by dave532

Wednesday July 14th, 2004 12:22 AM

There's something for everyone at this event - even Homer Simpson would be happy.

Hope the event goes well, a bit too far for me to travel too.

Good to see Google support the event (are they giving use of their facilities for free?)

#3 Do you need to attend to get the GMail account?

by underscore

Wednesday July 14th, 2004 4:41 AM

Seems that if all you need to do is pay $25 and register to get a GMail account, then not attend, not a bad deal :)

#4 Re: Do you need to attend to get the GMail account

by mlefevre

Wednesday July 14th, 2004 4:47 AM

heh... I was thinking that a gmail account was a bit of a weak incentive. There are lots of people in the community who have been handing out invites - I imagine most of the people that will be interested in the dev day will have them already. Even if you really can't find someone to give you an invite, they're selling for less than a dollar on ebay. Rather than screwing up their numbers, you'd be better off buying the gmail on ebay and just sending a donation of $20 to the Mozilla folks.

#5 Gmail account ?

by havivi <alonhavivi@hotmail.com>

Wednesday July 14th, 2004 5:32 AM

I would love to have a GMail account...

#6 Re: Gmail account ?

by arielb

Wednesday July 14th, 2004 6:19 AM

me too

#7 Re: Re: Gmail account ?

by mlefevre

Wednesday July 14th, 2004 6:48 AM

Please could we avoid cluttering the front page with gmail requests? If you want a gmail account from this, you can register and turn up to this event in Mountain View and pay the $25.

Alternatively, post your request in some appropriate place, for example: <http://www.emailaddresses…splay.php?&forumid=30> <http://www.gmailforums.com/> <http://www.gmailswap.com/>

Or watch out for the various Mozilla bloggers offering them, which happens occasionally...

#8 Re: Re: Re: Gmail account ?

by arielb

Wednesday July 14th, 2004 7:15 AM

naaa it's just that sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world who didn't get a gmail invite. Until then I'll wait for google to unleash gmail to the whole world.

#9 Re: Re: Re: Re: Gmail account ?

by mlefevre

Wednesday July 14th, 2004 8:08 AM

Ok, now I'm cluttering the board myself... such a hypocrite. Sorry. I have some invites which I've offered via <http://www.emailaddresses…php?s=&threadid=24090> . Please don't follow up here about this.

#10 Google Zietgeist for June 2004:

by pmsyyz

Wednesday July 14th, 2004 9:13 AM

#11 Conferences available as video downloads?

by pcabellor

Thursday July 15th, 2004 6:04 AM

I think on last Mozilla DevDay it was mentioned that conferences would be taped and video made available for download. If I recall correctly it didn't happen last time, but only the presentation slides. Will this happen this time? I hope so. I think it would be an incentive if these videos were ALSO included in the Mozilla CDs.

#12 Re: Conferences available as video downloads?

by marcia

Thursday July 15th, 2004 12:10 PM

You are right - it didn't happen last time. I still have to edit the footage. It is my hope that we will be able to tape the August 6th event and make it available for those individuals that are not able to attend the Developer Day.