Two New Bugzilla Releases, Bugzilla Website Redesigned

Saturday July 10th, 2004

The Bugzilla Project, one of the most widely used bug reporting systems, today released version 2.16.6 of Bugzilla (Release Notes), which includes a number of security fixes, as well as additional bug fixes. Along with that, they have released the first release candidate of Bugzilla 2.18 (Release Notes), which will be the next major release of Bugzilla. 2.18 features a number of new enhancements, some of which have been available to mozilla.org Bugzilla users for some time. Downloads for both releases can be found on the Bugzilla Download Page.

Along with the two new releases, the Bugzilla team have redesigned their website to utilize roughly the same layout as mozilla.org. A recent status update by Zach Lipton talks about the new redesign, as well as what some of the future plans for Bugzilla are.

#1 When will I see a Bugzilla Extension

by hem

Sunday July 11th, 2004 1:53 AM

A good new project to work on would be a XUL based extension on Bugzilla.

#3 Re: When will I see a Bugzilla Extension

by darinwf

Sunday July 11th, 2004 6:55 AM

#2 wrong site signature

by cheeaun <cheeaun+mozine@gmail.com>

Sunday July 11th, 2004 3:20 AM

PLease note that the bugzilla.org site is using the 'www-mozilla-org' site id, which is wrong. In other words, it's a bug :-)

#4 Better Site than Mozilla.org

by imforumman

Sunday July 11th, 2004 10:23 AM

Funny, but I find the almost-nobody-goes-there Bugzilla site looks a lot better than the Mozilla.org page. The solid line below all of header and the non-white background of the Bugzilla mascot in top left corner make a huge difference. Oh well.

#7 Re: Better Site than Mozilla.org

by alien2k

Sunday July 11th, 2004 6:00 PM

Yes, I'm often wondering if the two parts are supposed to look like they meet at the corners, and if so why they don't. And conversly sometimes I wonder if they're supposed to look separate, and if so why they look as if they do meet at the corners!

Out of interest, why isn't that image a transparent PNG image? I think, in my uninformed opinion, it would look so much better if the white parts of that logo image were transparent to the background below (remove the image, for example with Nuke Anything, to see what I mean).

Sam

#5 Bugzilla permissions

by wvh <wouter-mozzine@fort-knox.rave.org>

Sunday July 11th, 2004 5:12 PM

How do I mark duplicates? I have been filing bugs and occasionally helping out by filtering out duplicates, but it seems I can't file any duplicates anymore. Do I need certain 'permissions', and if so, why do I need them and how do I get them?

It's rather annoying not to help out when you just found a set of dups...

#6 Read these documents

by Anthracks

Sunday July 11th, 2004 5:32 PM

These explain the permissions in Bugzilla, and what you should do to get them.

<http://www.mozilla.org/qu…ity/help/unconfirmed.html> <http://www.mozilla.org/qu…illa-privilege-guide.html>

#8 Very nice

by Hymagumba

Monday July 12th, 2004 8:36 AM

It's a lovely revamp and looks far nicer than the Mozilla site. Hopefully it'll get a mini-revamp to make it look posher with Firefox 1.0

#9 Yeah baby!