Mozilla Foundation Offering Autographed T-Shirts to Donors

Thursday April 15th, 2004

Bart Decrem writes: "The new Mozilla gear is now shipping, and to celebrate the availability of cool new T-shirts, polo shirts and stuffed firefoxes, we are sending autographed Mozilla or Firefox T-shirts to anyone who makes a contribution of $50 from the Mozilla store by the end of this month (Friday, April 30). Each of the shirts will be individually signed by 3-5 key mozilla.org and Firefox crew members, respectively. So here's your chance to support the Mozilla Foundation and grab a collector's item. Get yours today (but keep in mind that it takes a couple of days to get shirts autographed and shipped out)."

#1 I want one

by jedbro

Thursday April 15th, 2004 7:40 PM

Does this mean I have to spend over $50 at teh store? Or DONATE over $50?

#4 Re: I want one

by bellhead77

Thursday April 15th, 2004 9:08 PM

hi, Looks like only for the donation, for $50 and $100. <http://store.mozsource.com/dpageload.do> and it's only till April 30 btw.

#2 What about the people who are giving every month?

by rosietx1 <rrosie@rtx1.com>

Thursday April 15th, 2004 8:26 PM

What a great idea! What about the people who are giving every month? I mean, don't get me wrong, I appreciate the auto-response email thanking me.... but I wouldn't say "No" to a nice little trinket either! I know it's not a million dollar donation... but it IS monthly! :) ~~rosie

#3 who?

by berkut

Thursday April 15th, 2004 8:29 PM

who exactly is providing autographs?, tthe devs. are like celebrities :D

#12 Re: who?

by Malc

Friday April 16th, 2004 1:35 PM

Perhaps their egos are out of control or they're trying to start some sort of personality cult. Or maybe you just have to 10 years old to be interested.

#15 Re: Re: who?

by jedbro

Friday April 16th, 2004 2:23 PM

And you are how old? I think it's a great idea.

#5 First edition?

by danielwang <stolenclover@yahoo.com.tw>

Thursday April 15th, 2004 9:29 PM

Are these first edition thirts? (Do they mark the first patch as first edition, anyway?)

#9 Re: First edition?

by roseman

Friday April 16th, 2004 10:57 AM

umm, is that like T-shirt Version-1.0 ? what if the signed shirt still has bugs in it? will the developers come in & fix the autograph errors in a subsequent patch? hrmm, patching t-shirts with bugs.. whatever happened to mothballs? are these t-shirts based on a stable branch? are the autographers stable? i hope these shirts are bug-free; i hate the microsoft effect (you give them money, then it still does not work). and if there is a problem with the t-shirt, is there a shirtzilla site we can go to for report the bug?

#6 details

by bartd

Friday April 16th, 2004 2:21 AM

yes, these are the first edition of the new shirts now posted on store.mozilla.org. you place your order from the Donation page (pick the $50 level). the shirts will be signed by senior Mozilla people (think: Brendan, Mitchell & Co for the Mozilla shirt, Ben & key Firefox people for that shirt). There'll be 3 to 5 signatures on each shirt.

#7 Autographs?

by brokenvoice

Friday April 16th, 2004 4:02 AM

Jeezus grow up.

#8 How much for...

by unclebob <bradleyjquinn@hotmail.com>

Friday April 16th, 2004 6:51 AM

Hyatt's signature?

#10 Will they actually ship these ones?

by mpercy

Friday April 16th, 2004 12:40 PM

I ordered a Mozilla Firebird shirt like 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't gotten to my door. Has anyone actually got their stuff, or does it take a month to get there, or what? This sucks.

#11 Re: Will they actually ship these ones?

by Ben_Goodger

Friday April 16th, 2004 1:07 PM

If you read the top of the store page you'll see that new products only began shipping on April 12 - so it's likely whatever you bought might still be in transit.

#25 Re: Re: Will they actually ship these ones?

by mpercy

Monday April 19th, 2004 5:39 PM

Ah, yep, I did receive it. Didn't realize it was a pre-order... Thanks.

Mike

#14 Re: Will they actually ship these ones?

by danhm <danhm@myway.com>

Friday April 16th, 2004 2:13 PM

They didn't start shipping until resently, you placed a pre-order.

#13 Hey, cool!

by danhm <danhm@myway.com>

Friday April 16th, 2004 2:13 PM

They listened to us, apparently. There are now larger images of all the shirts.

#19 Re: Hey, cool!

by WillyWonka

Friday April 16th, 2004 7:45 PM

Except now I can't load them in tabs because they use silly # code plus javascript to popup a damn window. Get some real web developers! argh.

#16 where will the autograph go on the black shirts?

by roseman

Friday April 16th, 2004 2:23 PM

where will the autograph go on the black shirts? light colored ink on black background? black ink on the small red part of the real estate? a signed light colored patch sewn onto the front (or back) of the shirt??

#17 Re: where will the autograph go on the black shirt

by danhm <danhm@myway.com>

Friday April 16th, 2004 4:38 PM

My guess would be a lighter colored ink.

#18 Re: where will the autograph go on the black shirt

by ratman

Friday April 16th, 2004 5:16 PM

magic marker.

#20 I just bought one, so should you

by spage

Friday April 16th, 2004 9:35 PM

I hope Hyatt signs mine, but I'll take bzbarsky or asa or whatever!

I spent several hundred bucks on Altova XML Spy, an awesome app I rarely use, whereas I'm in Mozilla 13+ hours a day. I realize money costs money but I hope a large fraction of users do the right thing.

#21 Re: I just bought one, so should you

by bellhead77

Saturday April 17th, 2004 12:08 AM

I fully agree... it's about time we put our money where our mouths are and give to those who _really_ deserve it!! I think this was long needed. I made a $50 donation and can't wait for my shirt, autographed of course ;)

#22 where are the fucken shirts i already ordered?

by flacco

Saturday April 17th, 2004 3:55 PM

i ordered two shirts two weeks ago. wtf?

#24 Re: where are the fucken shirts i already ordered?

by mlefevre

Sunday April 18th, 2004 9:20 AM

If you had read the comments further up the page, you will see that someone already asked that question, and got the answer. What you did a couple of weeks ago was to pre-order - the stuff has only just started shipping.

#23 What's next?

by chuckroast

Saturday April 17th, 2004 6:26 PM

The crew immortalized by the Plaster Casters?