MozillaZine

German ComputerBase Looks at Mozilla Project

Tuesday April 13th, 2004

Heiko writes: "The German page www.computerbase.de has an article about the Mozilla project, talking about the Mozilla Suite and the standalone apps Firefox, Thunderbird, Nvu and their features. The numbers shown in this report are very interesting, stating that they get roughly 19% hits from Mozilla based browsers in April 04 up from 14% in January 04." The automated Google translation features amusing turns of phrase such as, "one chops practically blindly the search word into the keyboard."


#1 24%...

by Grauw

Tuesday April 13th, 2004 1:08 PM

Reply to this message

On my site (<http://map.tni.nl/>) the Mozilla percentage is 24%... So it's not unheard of :). Ofcourse, the page is a little for computer freaks... ^_^

A friend of mine showed his site's stats, which is for high school students, and it showed only the top 15 browsers. All were Internet Explorer. However, it counted every user agent string as a different browser (as you probably know, there are not 15 versions of IE :)). And the top 15 only added up to about 70%... So I wonder how the other 30% is divided :). At least it wouldn't be weird if Mozilla didn't show up in the top 15, with all its different build numbers and versions...

~Grauw

#2 One chops practically blindly

by RMo

Tuesday April 13th, 2004 1:36 PM

Reply to this message

"One chops practically blindly..."

Does anyone who is fluent in German know of a more accurate translation? :)

#3 Re: One chops practically blindly

by miji

Tuesday April 13th, 2004 3:50 PM

Reply to this message

He just meant the page-searching feature finding words by typing them right in.

Besides: Firefox was mentioned today on a big Computer-Show called "Planetopia online" (at least I heard it`s quite popular) broadcastet at Sat1 on German Telly. They amphased the security advantages of Firefox and praised features like "Tabbed Browsing" and "Pop-up blocking". Allthough they don`t know the difference between Java and Javascript, I think it`s a good thing raising popularity.

#4 Re: One chops practically blindly

by miji

Tuesday April 13th, 2004 3:51 PM

Reply to this message

He just meant the page-searching feature finding words by typing them right in.

Besides: Firefox was mentioned today on a big Computer-Show called "Planetopia online" (at least I heard it`s quite popular) broadcastet at Sat1 on German Telly. They amphased the security advantages of Firefox and praised features like "Tabbed Browsing" and "Pop-up blocking". Allthough they don`t know the difference between Java and Javascript, I think it`s a good thing raising popularity.

#5 Re: One chops practically blindly

by miji

Tuesday April 13th, 2004 3:51 PM

Reply to this message

He just meant the page-searching feature finding words by typing them right in.

Besides: Firefox was mentioned today on a big Computer-Show called "Planetopia online" (at least I heard it`s quite popular) broadcastet at Sat1 on German Telly. They amphased the security advantages of Firefox and praised features like "Tabbed Browsing" and "Pop-up blocking". Allthough they don`t know the difference between Java and Javascript, I think it`s a good thing raising popularity.

#6 Re: Re: One chops practically blindly

by miji

Tuesday April 13th, 2004 3:51 PM

Reply to this message

ops *SORRY*

#7 Re: Re: Palm Sync

by bogado

Wednesday April 14th, 2004 5:31 AM

Reply to this message

Computer magazines and all the computer related sites should have higher level of mozilla, opera and otherunknown browsers, simply because the people that is watching those are more consious about what choices they have.

#13 Tranlation RMo

by Pr3dator

Thursday July 16th, 2009 6:58 AM

Reply to this message

@ RMo

if you are still interested I could translate the text in english for you.

German, English references you can see on <http://www.mobiles-internet24.de> or <http://www.compu-zone.de>