Mozilla Store Selling New Shirts and a Firefox Plush Toy

Tuesday March 30th, 2004

Jesse Ruderman and Ben Goodger wrote in to tell us that the Mozilla Store now has a larger range of Mozilla Gear on sale. The familiar white Mozilla T-Rex T-shirt is now joined by four new upper body garments, some sporting Mozilla Firefox branding. A nine inch (23cm) Firefox stuffed toy is also available. According to the site, the soft plush red panda (firefox is another name for the red panda) has "beautiful faces (sic) and expressive eyes." Whatever. He can be yours for a mere US$15.95 plus shipping and handling. The shirts range in price from US$16.95 to US$21.95. The new items begin shipping in two weeks.

#1 internal server error ordering new t-shirt :(

by roseman

Tuesday March 30th, 2004 3:14 PM

i tried to order a black t-shirt in XXL, and got this: HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error type Exception report message Internal Server Error description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this request. exception org.apache.jasper.JasperException root cause java.lang.NullPointerException (followed by about 100 lines of details) -------------- * HRMMMPH* i hope they fix it, i want to order black t-shirt in 2XL! <https://store.mozsource.com/addtocart.do> <http://store.mozsource.com/gpageload.do>

#18 Re: internal server error ordering new t-shirt :(

by roseman

Wednesday March 31st, 2004 7:10 AM

OK< OK< i figured it out *blush* i had previously blocked cookies for their site (store.mozsource.com) and THAT had triggered their internal server error. they would be better off just telling us we need to turn cookies on for their site :P unblocked cookies, cleared cache & shift-reloaded ordering page cleared everything up :)

#37 Re: internal server error ordering new t-shirt :(

by springsoft

Wednesday December 8th, 2004 7:29 PM

Well, at least you know where you got it wrong. I ordered t-shirts on 28 October 2004, which were charged to my Visa card immediately, and eventually got a message mid November that they would be shipped on 20 Nov 2004. It's 9 December and I still haven't seen any sign of them. And Mozilla customer service has not replied to my mail querying actual date shipped and any FedEx or APS references. So I was charged for a product that they could not ship at time of charging. Isn't that contrary to the Visa Card merchant agreement?

What really peeves me is that, at time of ordering, there were no notices on the site to suggest there would be delays in supply or shipping. That's just plain poor business practice.

#2 Product pictures?

by danhm <danhm@myway.com>

Tuesday March 30th, 2004 5:22 PM

Is there any place that offers better pictures of the product pictures? The pictures there aren't very detailed....

And roseman - I was able to load the order page just fine.

#4 Re: Product pictures?

by sime

Tuesday March 30th, 2004 7:38 PM

Yeah to me it whispers unprofessional.

#6 Re: Product pictures?

by mmnatas

Tuesday March 30th, 2004 8:24 PM

I plan to buy a plush firefox and one of the firefox shirts, but I won't until I can see closeups of the polo and t-shirt so I can decide which one to get...

#12 Re: Product pictures?

by Plutor

Wednesday March 31st, 2004 4:38 AM

I'll add my voice here: I'd LOVE to order a Firefox shirt, but being unable to see a closeup of the front (or _any_ picture of the back) really turns me off. C'mon, guys.

#13 Re: Re: Product pictures?

by Plutor

Wednesday March 31st, 2004 4:39 AM

Hm, the images they're using are really a little larger, so you can do "View Image" on them and see a little more detail: <http://store.mozsource.co…images/gear/FFBTeeFrt.gif> Still, thats less than ideal.

#30 Yeah, but...

by jeti

Wednesday March 31st, 2004 10:46 PM

It's an illustration, not a photo. I guess the shirts arent printed yet.

#17 Re: Product pictures?

by mlefevre

Wednesday March 31st, 2004 6:58 AM

Well maybe when a few brave folks have actually ordered based on these crappy pictures, they can put up pictures of themselves wearing the shirts so everyone else can see what they actually look like.

#3 Keep it coming

by simoniker

Tuesday March 30th, 2004 6:08 PM

Us Camino and Galeon fans want shirts too!

#5 awesome..

by GURT

Tuesday March 30th, 2004 8:13 PM

still no 3XL.. FAT PEOPLE SURF THE NET TOO!

#7 Neat

by Zulithe

Tuesday March 30th, 2004 9:10 PM

There were recently concerns about the poor state of the Mozilla store -- I'm glad it's starting to shape up!

I Might just pick me up one of those stuffed FireFoxs! Would look great on my desk. ^_^

#8 International?

by prokosch

Tuesday March 30th, 2004 10:57 PM

Any chance for someone from Germany to get these? Some kind of reseller or something - since every other "illegal" store has been closed now.....

And yes, I wouldn't like to order these from the US.

#9 Re: International?

by sime

Tuesday March 30th, 2004 11:46 PM

why? (having a sea in between the US and myself as well)

#11 Re: Re: International?

by Jugalator

Wednesday March 31st, 2004 4:15 AM

Shipping costs? :)

#23 Re: International?

by mielke

Wednesday March 31st, 2004 11:30 AM

become a member of mozilla europe and get one t-shirt <http://mozilla-europe.org/en/contribute/>

#31 Re: Re: International?

by uggi

Thursday April 1st, 2004 12:07 AM

There's no preview picture of the t-shirt, and what's even worse; they use PayPal. :(

#33 Re: Re: Re: International?

by Ashato

Thursday April 1st, 2004 4:56 AM

You can send a check. Too bad you can't transfer money, since intra-european transfers in Euros are free.

#10 sexy

by naylor83 <d.naylor@swipnet.se>

Wednesday March 31st, 2004 1:25 AM

Sexy... I especially like the firefox T-shirt. Might buy it.

#21 Re: sexy

by sremick

Wednesday March 31st, 2004 9:28 AM

I'd buy it if it didn't have the lame "reloaded" slogan and instead used one of the better ones.

Enough of the outdated pop Matrix references.

#28 Re: Re: sexy

by remline <remline@hotmail.com>

Wednesday March 31st, 2004 4:17 PM

Agreed, that slogan is pretty lame. :)

#14 Title

by vbAlex <vbAlexDOSMan@Yahoo.com>

Wednesday March 31st, 2004 5:26 AM

Why is the title still 'Mozilla on CD'?

#15 How about a stuffed Dodo bird?

by buff

Wednesday March 31st, 2004 5:41 AM

So what am I going to do if I go ahead and buy the stuffed firefox toy and in a month the Mozilla team changes the mascot and brand to a Dodo bird? ;-)

#19 Re: How about a stuffed Dodo bird?

by gflores <soccer_dude182@hotmail.com>

Wednesday March 31st, 2004 7:52 AM

Sell it on ebay for a bajillion dollars because prices will instantly skyrocket when they change the mascot! There's such a huge demand for these, don't you know? :)

#20 Re: Re: How about a stuffed Dodo bird?

by roseman

Wednesday March 31st, 2004 8:49 AM

it is spelled GAZILLION (not bajillion) --- any third grader can tell you that.

#16 Firefox!

by jogar <greg@supersilly.com>

Wednesday March 31st, 2004 6:06 AM

Just call it a stuffed red panda toy! :)

I just ordered one for my gf. I would have liked a larger image, but it looked cute enough.

#22 To those that have ordered stuff:

by danhm <danhm@myway.com>

Wednesday March 31st, 2004 11:07 AM

Can you upload pictures of the products somewhere for the rest of us?

#24 Crashes Firefox!

by jalefkowit

Wednesday March 31st, 2004 12:04 PM

When I go to the store and click the "Mozilla Gear" button on the left nav, it crashes my browser! I'm running the Firefox nightly 2004-03-31. Anyone else experience this?

#25 Re: Crashes Firefox! --

by roseman

Wednesday March 31st, 2004 12:12 PM

if you got a page that looks something like: --- HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error type Exception report message --- then you probably have cookies turned off or blocked for that site. if your browser actually locks up, well, that is some other problem... :(

#26 Re: Re: Crashes Firefox! --

by jalefkowit

Wednesday March 31st, 2004 1:33 PM

Nope --

"Firefox.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows." It's definitely a hard crash. Weird.

#27 Re: Crashes Firefox! -- options?

by roseman

Wednesday March 31st, 2004 1:51 PM

RATHER than use MS-IE to oder it *SPIT* maybe in the interim you could try: <http://store.mozsource.com/mailorder.jsp> order by mail (check or money order). if cookies aren't enough, and you do not have mozilla suite or an old netscape... well, order by mail is better than using MS-IE any day of the week :) at least you could get your product before they fix firefox (or fix the web page...)

#29 Re: Re: Crashes Firefox! -- options?

by jalefkowit

Wednesday March 31st, 2004 5:26 PM

I just tried the same page with my copy of Firefox at home (2004-02-06 build) and it works fine. Go figure! Wonder what got checked in during March that kills it?

#34 I want THIS on a t-shirt - and sweatshirt!

by flacco

Friday April 2nd, 2004 2:03 AM

best goddamn mozilla image ever created:

<http://www.icewater.org/misc/mozilla2.gif>

and why only warm-weather wear? i just ordered a couple shirts but would have snapped up a couple sweatshirts too if they were available.

(yes, most of my wardrobe is geek-wear. i do what i can to both support and advertise the projects.)

#35 Why even bother...?

by mqwtm

Tuesday April 27th, 2004 5:36 PM

#36 fitted shirts?

by spiralled

Friday July 9th, 2004 4:39 PM

Meh, why no fitted shirts? Geeky girls do exist, you know!

#38 Posting a Comment ?

by EagleSoft

Thursday July 14th, 2005 12:53 AM

Gee, I hope someone reads this as I would like to know how to go about turnning on Cookies in Firefox v1.0.4 and 1.0.5 as I never able to in v1.0.4 and now that 1.0.5 is out I still can't find where you turne them on at ?

please email me with any Help! at : <eaglesoft@charter.net>

Pluss where do you go to read what's the difference between v1.0.4 & v1.0.5 of Firefox is located...

Thanks