Full Article Attached Minutes of the mozilla.org Staff Meeting of Monday 15th March 2004

Monday March 22nd, 2004

The minutes of the mozilla.org staff meeting of Monday 15th March 2004 are now online. Issues discussed include Mozilla 1.7 Beta, Mozilla Firefox and SeaMonkey coordination, Mozilla Thunderbird, Firefox logos, the Mozilla Foundation Board Meeting and Mozilla Europe.

#1 Bustage?

by ajollyswami

Monday March 22nd, 2004 7:44 PM

Anyone care to fill me in on what "cross-product bustage" might refer to?

#2 Re: Bustage?

by jedbro

Monday March 22nd, 2004 7:55 PM

Yes. The way I understand it, basically it would be an indicator for when checkins to seamonkey/gecko happen and break something in a mozilla.org supported project (Firefox/Thunderbird/Camino) then it will indicate as such so that the checking author can make this fix.

I could be wrong though.

#3 Re: Bustage?

by Gerv

Tuesday March 23rd, 2004 1:25 AM

It means a checkin which breaks multiple products (Seamonkey, Thunderbird, Camino, Firefox...)

Gerv

#7 Re: Bustage?

by ajollyswami

Tuesday March 23rd, 2004 10:08 AM

Thanks guys.

#4 Cool!

by TheOneKEA

Tuesday March 23rd, 2004 1:51 AM

If that statement about Firefox 0.9 means what I think it means, than that's great!

#5 Re: Re: New Extension Server

by jgraham

Tuesday March 23rd, 2004 4:27 AM

The way I read it, it just means that Firefox 0.9 will be released from the 1.7 branch, not that Firefox 0.9 will be released between 19th and 26th April. After Seamonkey 1.7 is ready, I think the plan is for FF to remain on some FIREFOX_ROAD_TO_1_0_BRANCH and port back any extra gecko fixes that Ben wants in FF 1.0 from the trunk.

#6 TB

by Ringfinger

Tuesday March 23rd, 2004 9:00 AM

I really think they need version 0.6 of Thunderbird. hopefully these "windows installers" that are "being tested" are almost finished.

#8 Re: TB

by mr_magoo

Tuesday March 23rd, 2004 10:29 AM

Well crack on and download a build! You dont have to be special to test - just have a bit of patience!

#9 Re: Re: TB

by Ringfinger

Tuesday March 23rd, 2004 8:38 PM

Oh, I'm patient. It's just that mozilla products are so good, that it's like christmas everytime an official build is released.

Okay, I guess that makes me a nerd.

#10 Re: Re: Re: TB

by tniem

Tuesday March 23rd, 2004 9:19 PM

The big deal is with new users. They tend to stay with official builds as they do not know what nightlies are and it is now very hard to find on the Mozilla page (a good move with the focus shifting to end users). So having the installer is going to be huge for helping people get Tb setup and working on their system.