Vote Mozilla Team as Web Innovator of the Year!
Friday March 26th, 1999
There are some on the list of nominees who are only tangentially involved with Web development at all, and others whose products are so limited by their narrow scope or platform partiality that whatever innovations they carry are muted. The Mozilla Team stands out from the pack for a number of reasons.
1) Their code is open to the public for scrutiny.
2) Nightly builds allow for day-to-day tracking of progress.
3) Mozilla is a massive cross platform effort. Much of the code has been abstracted to work on as many platforms as possible.
4) They have made a commitment to the standards community that is verifiable.
5) Mozilla is the first consumer-grade application to be Open Sourced.
6) The team created an innovative Open Source, open-to-the-public bug tracking system for maintaining control of their massive operation.
7) The team created an abstracted, cross platform User Interface that will greatly ease the task of producing and deploying cross platform Internet-based applications.
Can you think of any others? Respond in our forums with your reasoning behind why the Mozilla Team deserves "Web Innovator of the Year".
Be sure to visit the voting page at Builder.com and vote, and tell your friends to do the same!
#2 Re:Vote Mozilla Team as Web Innovator of the Year!
by JamisonMVP <email@example.com>
Friday March 26th, 1999 3:54 PM
You are replying to this message
They have the MSIE team listed for web innovation? Ha! That's a laugh and a half!