IE5 Easter Egg Takes Jab at Mozilla
Wednesday March 24th, 1999
MacGyver sent us in this interesting news.
He writes, "Here's something I thought fellow Mozillers would find interesting...Apparently, there are several easter eggs in IE5. One of them pulls up an 'About' box with the title 'Internet Explorer 5.0 rocks'. What's more interesting is the animation in the box. It shows a gozilla-like dinasour coming out of an easter egg only to be crushed by a giant Microsoft IE5 logo. Nice commentary from the good folk in Redmond, I should say. Despite the rivalry between the two major browsers, I can't ever recall a Netscape easter egg with such a blatant attack against Microsoft. To view the easter egg yourself, follow these instructions:
1. Open up IE5
2. From the menu, select Tools > Internet Options > General (tab) > Languages (button)
3. Press 'Add'
4. Type: "ie-ee" (without the quotes) and click 'OK'
5. Move "User Defined [ie-ee]" to the TOP of the list
6. Exit back to where you can browse in IE5 again
7. Click on the Search icon (to pull up the side search menu)
8. Click the 'Customize' button in the side search menu.
9. Watch the anti-Mozilla animation being distributed to millions of desktops."
#2 Re:IE5 Easter Egg Takes Jab at Mozilla
Wednesday March 24th, 1999 2:14 PM
You are replying to this message
You know what idiots would do when they found out that they are losers? They apply violence to the winners.
That happen everyday in the bars and pubs around the world. Normally there are somebody besides to encourage the use of violence.
What did the people planting the easter egg do when they knew that their brower is a loser? They wanted to use violence.
And even worst, they do not have the crazy "courage" of idiots to use real violence to release their anger about themselves (which is projected to our lovely lizard). Instead, they plant a violent easter eggs, and got excited whether there are some people in the world going to discover.
Maybe they need Billy Crystal to heal them.