IE5 Easter Egg Takes Jab at Mozilla
Wednesday March 24th, 1999
MacGyver sent us in this interesting news.
He writes, "Here's something I thought fellow Mozillers would find interesting...Apparently, there are several easter eggs in IE5. One of them pulls up an 'About' box with the title 'Internet Explorer 5.0 rocks'. What's more interesting is the animation in the box. It shows a gozilla-like dinasour coming out of an easter egg only to be crushed by a giant Microsoft IE5 logo. Nice commentary from the good folk in Redmond, I should say. Despite the rivalry between the two major browsers, I can't ever recall a Netscape easter egg with such a blatant attack against Microsoft. To view the easter egg yourself, follow these instructions:
1. Open up IE5
2. From the menu, select Tools > Internet Options > General (tab) > Languages (button)
3. Press 'Add'
4. Type: "ie-ee" (without the quotes) and click 'OK'
5. Move "User Defined [ie-ee]" to the TOP of the list
6. Exit back to where you can browse in IE5 again
7. Click on the Search icon (to pull up the side search menu)
8. Click the 'Customize' button in the side search menu.
9. Watch the anti-Mozilla animation being distributed to millions of desktops."
#120 Re:IE5 Easter Egg Takes Jab at Mozilla
Tuesday May 25th, 1999 8:15 AM
You are replying to this message
hahahahah... Oh that was great.
Boy you guys really need a life. As for the fool who said IE5 doesn't support CSS1... CHECK AGAIN, before typing something idiot like that in.
From a webpage developers point of view NETSCAPES SUCKS. I've had more problems trying to make webpages look nice in Netscape. Than I ever had even when I only had IE4.I've got Netscape 4.08 and don't plan on upgrading any higher.
Maybe if Netscape hadn't slacked off when they were ahead they could have kept ahead of Micro$oft, but they got overconfident and got what they deserved.