IE5 Easter Egg Takes Jab at Mozilla
Wednesday March 24th, 1999
MacGyver sent us in this interesting news.
He writes, "Here's something I thought fellow Mozillers would find interesting...Apparently, there are several easter eggs in IE5. One of them pulls up an 'About' box with the title 'Internet Explorer 5.0 rocks'. What's more interesting is the animation in the box. It shows a gozilla-like dinasour coming out of an easter egg only to be crushed by a giant Microsoft IE5 logo. Nice commentary from the good folk in Redmond, I should say. Despite the rivalry between the two major browsers, I can't ever recall a Netscape easter egg with such a blatant attack against Microsoft. To view the easter egg yourself, follow these instructions:
1. Open up IE5
2. From the menu, select Tools > Internet Options > General (tab) > Languages (button)
3. Press 'Add'
4. Type: "ie-ee" (without the quotes) and click 'OK'
5. Move "User Defined [ie-ee]" to the TOP of the list
6. Exit back to where you can browse in IE5 again
7. Click on the Search icon (to pull up the side search menu)
8. Click the 'Customize' button in the side search menu.
9. Watch the anti-Mozilla animation being distributed to millions of desktops."
#102 Re: Cry Babies
by WARKEN <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Friday April 16th, 1999 9:18 AM
You are replying to this message
You netscape babies are just like the MAC babies. Which is better? Whatever the hell you want to use. Did everyone forget that Netscape was bought by AOHell? Poor underdog AOL, they are so much the underdog. (b/s). IF YOU DONT LIKE MS, DONT USE IT. They want to make money, just like every other business. I dont like AOL, so I do not use it. Besides Netscape is losing all its execs. So soon you will have something real to cry about.
BTW anyone seen ICQ99, AOL did wonderful things with that one... (yeah right)