Full Article Attached Minutes of the mozilla.org Staff Meeting of Monday 26th January 2004

Wednesday January 28th, 2004

The minutes of the mozilla.org staff meeting of Monday 26th January 2004 are now online. Issues discussed include Mozilla 1.7 Alpha, Mozilla Firebird 0.8, the GRE, directory.mozilla.org, moving Mozilla Firebird Help to mozilla.org and the Mozilla Developer Day.

#1 Nice

by mesostinky

Wednesday January 28th, 2004 6:07 PM

Looks like 0.8 within a day or so. Will bugs 221899 and 231203 which were just fixed be included?

#2 Re: Nice

by AlexBishop <alex@mozillazine.org>

Wednesday January 28th, 2004 6:43 PM

"Will bugs 221899 and 231203 which were just fixed be included?"

Probably not. From what I understand, Mozilla Firebird 0.8 has been ready-to-go for a while now but is being held up by non-code issues.

Alex

#3 Re: Re: Nice

by mlefevre

Wednesday January 28th, 2004 7:08 PM

Quote (with permission) from Ben on IRC:

<ben_> just an update folks.. there's a decent chance we may have a .8 friday or monday. ... <michaell> ben_: well, the meeting minutes got posted, and they say it's ready to ship :) <ben_> michaell: not QUITE ready to ship <ben_> we have a couple of blocking issues <ben_> if they're resovled quickly we might ship friday ;-)

#4 Re: Re: Re: Nice

by mlefevre

Wednesday January 28th, 2004 7:09 PM

so... that came out formatted well ;)

#12 Re: Nice

by buff

Thursday January 29th, 2004 8:02 AM

I downloaded a nightly of Firebird Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040124 Firebird/0.7+. Sometimes when I right-click on a flash movie Firebird collapses on me and the process dies. Anyone seen this behavior? Is it a Flash plugin issue or Firebird?

#5 And there was much rejoicing.

by whiprush <jorge@whiprush.org>

Wednesday January 28th, 2004 8:41 PM

Ben Bucksch's roaming stuff (from Beonex)

Been a long time coming, can't wait to get my hands on it! Woo Ben!

#6 Charge unproven?

by vfwlkr

Wednesday January 28th, 2004 11:08 PM

<pre> Moving Firebird Help to mozilla.org?

* request by alanjstr because he claims texturizer.net keeps going down * charge is not proven * mscott to chat to djst </pre>

Even if texturizer.net does not go down, does it not make more sense to have atleast the minimal documentation ( an official FAQ ) on mozilla.org itself?

No disrespect for David Tenser, who has been donating time and his webspace, but hosting it at mozilla.org adds a touch of professionalism.

#7 Re: Charge unproven?

by brokenvoice

Thursday January 29th, 2004 1:31 AM

I whole-heartedly agree with this. If the Mozilla.org focus is shifting towards the end user, then it must take more things in-house (in terms of being on the mozilla.org site). It has to become the first port of call for anyone interested in any aspect of Mozilla.

I've had my fair share of problems with texturizer.net although mostly with the themes (and yes I know that's because the images coming from mozdev.org are always so s-l-o-w).

#8 Moving Firebird Help to mozilla.org

by peterlairo <Peter@Lairo.com>

Thursday January 29th, 2004 1:32 AM

... Plus mozila.org is where USERS will be looking for the info (FAQ, Themes, Extensions, ...) ;-)

I would suggest to do the same for the Thunderbird pages.

I would also suggest to keep the FAR superior layout of the Texturizer.net pages. The mozilla.org pages are ugly and poorly layd out (IMO).

Perhaps David Tenser could be made "manager" of the moved pages.

#10 And it is not easy to find past versions

by martrootamm

Thursday January 29th, 2004 2:42 AM

See subj.

#9 I really like texturizer.net

by adipose

Thursday January 29th, 2004 2:41 AM

The design, the site, are all great. However, I have noticed intermittent problems with the server going down. I think they should be moved to mozilla.org, but the content should stay the same.

-Dan

#11 Re: I really like texturizer.net

by mlefevre

Thursday January 29th, 2004 5:09 AM

Are you sure you were seeing their server going down? The problems I've noticed have been related to the themes and extensions, and those aren't on texturizer.net - texturizer.net gets the content from mozdev.org, which does have problems. Moving the texturizer stuff onto mozilla.org wouldn't help with that.

#13 Re: Re: I really like texturizer.net

by alanjstr

Thursday January 29th, 2004 9:51 AM

The bug I filed is <http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=229863> Don't forget to read the comments before posting.

#16 Re: Re: Re: I really like texturizer.net

by Hymagumba

Friday January 30th, 2004 3:23 PM

*GASP* I am *SHOCKED* at you being credited with my idea, I think I'll have to go and slit my wrists and get a one-sided report favouring my viewpoint put out nearly a year later.

#14 directory.mozilla.org

by thelem

Thursday January 29th, 2004 10:40 AM

I can't find a bug about directory.mozilla.org, but can I suggest that if an interstitial is use, then it should have the HTTP code for "moved permanantly" (302 I think). This should mean it is picked up by bots such as the one on dmoz.org itself.

#15 Re: directory.mozilla.org

by AlexBishop <alex@mozillazine.org>

Thursday January 29th, 2004 10:59 AM

"HTTP code for 'moved permanantly' (302 I think)"

302 is a temporary redirect. 301 is a permanent redirect.

Alex