Redesigned Mozilla Website Launching Soon
Thursday October 30th, 2003
Bart Decrem writes: "Thanks to the hard work by Dave Shea, Tristan [Nitot], and, especially for the long last mile, Ben [Goodger], Dawn [Endico], DBaron [David Baron] and Chofmann [Chris Hofmann], we're almost ready to launch the redesigned Mozilla web site, so now's a great time to head over to http://website-beta.mozilla.org/, check out the new site and send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org."
Update: One of the names that originally appeared in this article has been removed, at that person's own request.
#12 Re: I Like it
Friday October 31st, 2003 12:44 AM
You are replying to this message
Agreed, there is a lot to like about the new design. However I have some remarks:
- the menu needs a link back to the main page
- the roadmap is hard to stumble upon if you don't know it exists, yet it is referred to very often
- the roadmap (in fact all articles) needs a revision date at the top
- maybe not all users know what camino is?
- there are only links to the latest versions of products, some people need older versions
- returning visitors might be more interested in a change log than a generic marketing story on each product -> there needs to be at least a link to such a thing
- there seems to be very little consistency with respect to icons/logos between the products and on the website