Independent Status Reports
Monday August 11th, 2003
The latest set of status reports includes updates from QuickNote, JS Console, HON, SmoothWheel, the Creating Applications with Mozilla book, mozdev and MultiZilla.
#1 Googlebar 0.7
Tuesday August 12th, 2003 12:12 AM
You are replying to this message
Forgot to submit the status report, but...
* Users can now use the "unlock button positions" item on the context menu to allow them to drag and drop buttons to any desired location on the googlebar, in both Mozilla and Firebird.
* A new preference has been added to save the last search from our drop down menus. This will make the special searches and other menus function more like the "combined search button" in the Internet Explorer Google toolbar.
* The install script now supports localization.
* Power-users of the googlebar can easily add their own buttons via the googlebarextras files, simplifying the addition of extra non-google features without losing them when the user upgrades. We do not plan to make this a focus of development and support, but documentation is forthcoming.
* The "Up a directory" button can now be configured to skip slashes in the query strings of cgi scripts (see Bug 4056)
...Work on the next version, 0.8, is also well underway and can be followed via Mozdev bug number 4218 ( <http://mozdev.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=4218> ); new experimental versions will be available soon. Also, the Googlebarl10n project on mozdev ( <http://googlebarl10n.mozdev.org> ) had begun to offer installable translations for version 0.6.17 and (soon) version 0.7, thanks especially to Alexander Pircher (who created and runs the project), John Woods (who once again tracked down locale install bugs), and the many people who have already translated the Googlebar into their own language (did you know there are two kinds of Norwegian? Go look!)