Mozilla Thunderbird 0.1 Released

Monday July 28th, 2003

The first milestone release of Mozilla Thunderbird, the standalone mail and newsgroups client, is now available. Builds for Windows, Linux (GTK 2) and Mac OS X can be downloaded from ftp.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/0.1. To avoid problems, delete your old Thunderbird directory (if you have one) before installing. Check out the Mozilla Thunderbird 0.1 Release Notes for more information and let us know what you think in our Mozilla Thunderbird Forums.

#1 Junk controls for news ?

by movement <moz@compsoc.man.ac.uk>

Monday July 28th, 2003 10:28 AM

When are junk mail controls for news going to be enabled ? Currently the menu items to mark it as junk are always disabled in newsgroups :/

#2 Skin 1.5

by jedbro

Monday July 28th, 2003 10:48 AM

Just a reminder, the skin version has been bumped up to 1.5, this means any older TB themes need to be edited (Change the skin version from 1.2 to 1.5 in all the contents.rdf's, and all pseudo selectors like :-moz- need to be changed to ::-moz-)

Cheers ;) Awesome release!

#5 Re: Skin 1.5

by tseelee

Monday July 28th, 2003 4:19 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think pseudo selectors are changed, so the only changes needed are from 1.5 to 1.2

#6 Re: Re: Skin 1.5

by mlefevre

Monday July 28th, 2003 5:07 PM

AIUI, the new selectors are in, so they will work. The old type are going to be removed soon, when people have had a chance to change. You could just change the version, but then the theme will break in a few weeks, so it would be better to make that change at the same time as the version change (which is the idea of switching the version).

#3 Kudos MScott

by DamianMoran

Monday July 28th, 2003 11:19 AM

This release should give TB the attention it deserves.

#4 Next step, wait for Debian Package

by stinkyb

Monday July 28th, 2003 3:13 PM

Hopefully someone will put out a Thunderbird Debian package for unstable in short order. I'll watch the Thunderbird General Forums for one since I don't know how to make one myself.

I'll be interested to use Thunderbird for the first time after that!

#7 try helping ...

by whiprush <jorge@whiprush.org>

Monday July 28th, 2003 6:45 PM

Yes, I too have been dying for a debian package. Now that .1 is out the door I hope one makes it's way into sid. I like how mozilla is packaged: The latest release is "mozilla", the latest bleeding edge was "mozilla-snapshot" which had a seperate profile dir and everything. I look forward to firebird-browser-snapshot and thunderbird-snapshot someday. :)

#9 Re: Next step, wait for Debian Package

by asac

Thursday September 25th, 2003 6:18 AM

Hi,

Take a look at <http://forums.mozillazine…org/viewtopic.php?t=26600>" or just download it: <http://www.jwsdot.com/debian> - thunderbird 0.2 for debian(sarge/sid)

Its still not perfect ... but I am on it ;)

asac

#8 Impressions on Thunderbird

by vazz

Wednesday July 30th, 2003 9:36 AM

I have blogged about my first impressions of Thunderbird. You can check it out at <http://www.vasanthdharmar…0e-40b4-b62f-ee167d3b2824>