'Creating XPCOM Components' Book Available Online

Thursday June 5th, 2003

Creating XPCOM Components, a new book by Doug Turner and Ian Oeschger, is now available online. As you might expect, the book covers creating XPCOM components for Gecko-based browsers. It's published under the Open Publication License. A dead tree version will be available in August.

#1 'Creating XPCOM Components' Book Available Online

by briank

Friday June 6th, 2003 4:53 AM

Who is publishing the print version?

#2 Re: 'Creating XPCOM Components' Book Available Onl

by oeschger <oeschger@netscape.com>

Friday June 6th, 2003 9:21 AM

Kinger! We're crossing that bridge right now. Not O'Reilly, I'm afraid. Say, what was your friend's name who spent the night on the couch that one time with the foxtail-ridden blanket? -I/O

#7 foxtail-ridden blanket

by briank

Friday June 6th, 2003 2:03 PM

Must be Dave you are thinking about. That was a great day in HMB. Good luck with finding a publisher - try New Riders, Wiley, Apress ... more here <http://publishing.about.com/cs/computerbks/> and here <http://www.writerswrite.c…m/books/bookpubs/comp.htm>

#3 Re: 'Creating XPCOM Components' Book Available Onl

by oeschger <oeschger@netscape.com>

Friday June 6th, 2003 9:22 AM

#4 Re: 'Creating XPCOM Components' Book Available Onl

by oeschger <oeschger@netscape.com>

Friday June 6th, 2003 9:22 AM

#5 Re: 'Creating XPCOM Components' Book Available Onl

by oeschger <oeschger@netscape.com>

Friday June 6th, 2003 9:23 AM

Woops. Posting trouble in North Carolina. Must be the humidity. Sorry about the duplicates.

#6 Great Book. Thanks

by geraldb

Friday June 6th, 2003 10:57 AM

Great book. I wish chapter 8 titled "Building the WebLock UI" were much longer. It's a great XUL teaser, though. I wrote up a story in the XUL News Wire titled "Book Freebie: Creating XPCOM Components" online @ <http://article.gmane.org/…comp.lang.xul.announce/27>