Full Article Attached Independent Status Reports

Tuesday October 15th, 2002

The latest set of status reports includes updates from Themes, PolMoz, Aphrodite, Tagzilla, Kiosk and MultiZilla.

#1 JabberZilla?

by jedbro

Tuesday October 15th, 2002 10:26 PM

Whatever happend to Eric?

Last independent Status report, he said it would be VERY SOON that he'd pop out a new version of jabberzilla. Rightnow, that is the only thing my Moz is lacking!!

Dude?

#2 Addicted to Extensions.

by jedbro

Tuesday October 15th, 2002 10:29 PM

Does anyone else have this problem? I am addicted to extensions! If I don't have my mouse gestures, my Tagzilla, Multizilla and mozBlog loaded, I can't function properly (I can but allot slower!). This hence prevents me from trying out the latest and greates Mozilla buids (same prob with phenix).

Anyone know about having different Moz trunck builds on the same system? And conflicts? Cheers

#7 Re: Addicted to Extensions.

by DavidGerard <fun@thingy.apana.org.au>

Thursday October 17th, 2002 6:06 AM

"I am addicted to extensions!"

I know that plugins can be put in a folder in your profile, and so don't have to be shifted around by hand for each new nightly. Is it technically possible to install extensions to your profile, so that you can do the same? What would be the issues? (e.g. version conflicts)

#3 Addicted to Extensions???

by jedbro

Wednesday October 16th, 2002 1:16 AM

Does anyone else have this problem? <br> I am addicted to extensions! If I don't have my mouse gestures, Tagzilla, Multizilla and mozBlog loaded, I can't function properly (I can but allot slower!). This hence prevents me from trying out the latest and greates Mozilla buids (same prob with phenix).

#4 Re: Extensions

by eiseli

Wednesday October 16th, 2002 2:37 AM

Yep, same problem here. That's why you have to make a choice: either you take the stable 1.0.1 and put all imaginable extensions on it, or you use the cutting edge newest alpha version and you don't have most of the extensions. That's basically the reason why the 1.0.x branch will live on for a long time.

Currently, I'm putting together what one could call a "Mozilla Distribution" (targetted at French speaking people, but I guess it will work perfectly too to other language speakers). The goal is to create a Linux Installer (maybe later a Windows installer too), that downloads all extensions you want. And they should work too. <http://users.linuxbourg.c…icky/MozillaShowcase.html>

#6 Mozilla's not the same without them

by buckminster

Wednesday October 16th, 2002 8:44 AM

I end up installing seven extensions each time I reinstall Mozilla. My browsing experience wouldn't be the same without them. At my work, we have web pages that require IE for proper usage. I often find myself trying to do mouse gestures all of the time.

#5 googlebar

by jilles

Wednesday October 16th, 2002 2:49 AM

Googlebar was recently updated. The new RC fixes several annoying bugs. I'd be lost without it :-)