Phoenix 0.1 Released
Monday September 23rd, 2002
Asa Dotzler writes: "The first Phoenix milestone, 0.1, has been released. Phoenix is a redesign of the Mozilla browser component, similar to Galeon, K-Meleon and Chimera, but written using the XUL user interface language and designed to be cross-platform. This first Phoenix release includes great new features like a customizable toolbar and quicksearch filtering for bookmarks and history. See the Phoenix release notes for more information or go directly to the builds."
#8 It's o.k., but I don't need it...
Tuesday September 24th, 2002 1:38 AM
You are replying to this message
Well, this Browser is o.k. for me, but...
* I have a slow internet connection (64kbit/s), and working on Linux, 850 MHz Athlon TB, and I experience no speedup of my standard pages compared to Mozilla.
* I really need the mail-client of Mozilla, which is the killer-application here on Linux for me... without it, I also could use Konqueror...
* Well, if there would be a stand-alone-Mail-client based on Mozilla, I would also use Phoenix more often... but this would be stupid on the other hand, 'cause it'd waste ressources...
* Hey, the favicons are displayed here, without being linked explicitly :-)
* Well, and I love the customization of the skin :-)
=> This is a nice piece of software, but I won't change...