Overview of Mozilla-based Browsers

Saturday September 14th, 2002

The O'Reilly Network Mozilla DevCenter is featuring an overview of the most popular Mozilla-based browsers. In the article, David Boswell (who contributes the Independent Status Reports to MozillaZine) looks at several browsers that utilise Mozilla code including Chimera, Galeon, Aphrodite and Phoenix.

#1 not the best place to ask but its worth a shot...

by ph1nn <ph1nn@earthlink.net>

Sunday September 15th, 2002 11:33 PM

does anyone know why Flash runs so unbelievably slow in Linux??? Its GOTTA be my configuration but its always been this way.

Running Linux Slackware 8.1, Xfree86 4.2, NVIDIA 1.0-3123 drivers, Mozilla 1.2a, Flash 5.0r51... i hope this finds the right person, please email me or reply,

thanks, phinn

#4 im sorry, SOMEHOW i hit the back button a couple

by ph1nn <ph1nn@earthlink.net>

Sunday September 15th, 2002 11:34 PM

im sorry, SOMEHOW i hit the back button a couple and it posted more than once, i apologize

#5 Re: not the best place to ask but its worth a shot

by TheK <kl@3dots.de>

Monday September 16th, 2002 5:51 PM

slow? not for me. I know about the problems which hangs because of blocked audio device, but that's all.

#2 not the best place to ask but its worth a shot...

by ph1nn <ph1nn@earthlink.net>

Sunday September 15th, 2002 11:33 PM

thanks, phinn

#3 not the best place to ask but its worth a shot...

by ph1nn <ph1nn@earthlink.net>

Sunday September 15th, 2002 11:33 PM

thanks, phinn

#6 Mozdev.org Down

by bulist

Tuesday September 17th, 2002 7:16 AM

Does anyone know what's up with <http://www.mozdev.org>?

#7 Re: Mozdev.org Down

by Dobbins

Tuesday September 17th, 2002 8:01 AM

This was on the mozdev project owners mailing list just before they went down.

"Update - the ISP is seeing errors at the physical circuit. They've notified Verizon, who are expected to take a look today. Thanks for your patience."

So it seems they are having problems with Verizon.

#8 Communicator 4.8 is out.

by leet

Wednesday September 18th, 2002 7:15 AM

FTP server shows 7/22 date. Did I miss it when everyone noticed it? <ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pu…ows95_or_nt/base_install/>

#9 Re: Communicator 4.8 is out.

by bamm <bamm@gabriana.com>

Thursday September 19th, 2002 1:42 AM

Yes. I downloaded it as soon as I saw the announcement in the Netscape website, almost 2 months ago.