Register Now for Mozilla Developer Day at CMU

Thursday February 21st, 2002

Mitchell Baker writes: "Registration for the March 1 and 2 Mozilla developer event at Carnegie Mellon University is now open. To register, visit the Yet Another Society's registration page.

#1 any mozillaZine regulars going?

by asa <asa@mozilla.org>

Friday February 22nd, 2002 12:14 AM

I missed the EU developer day and I'm gonna make this one too. I've made the 3 in Mountain View and they were all great oportunities to learn and to meet people. Are any of you east-coasters going to make it to CMU for this one?

--Asa

#2 Re: any mozillaZine regulars going?

by asa <asa@mozilla.org>

Friday February 22nd, 2002 12:15 AM

gonna miss this one, not make this one. I guess it's time for bed.

--Asa

#6 Not me... :(

by grahams

Tuesday February 26th, 2002 8:24 PM

... I even had free lodging from an old roomie from RIT who is now a grad student at CMU... But I have to move into a new apartment this weekend, so I am getting "shafted" out of another Dev Day... My old excuse was school, and now I am missing a rare East Coast DevDay... It makes me sad... :(

#3 I'll be there!

by MikeYoung <youngfam@nni.com>

Friday February 22nd, 2002 2:32 AM

I'll be there! I hope we get a little break to go and watch that crazy CMU art student in his lobster outfit... I can't believe that I am working my butt off to get a degree and he gets one just by being locked in a house as a lobster!

<http://www.pittnews.com/v…/2002/02/18/3c7099a92d693>

Anyone know if the issues about copyright and trademark usage of the Red Dino Mozilla with the MPL/GPL/LGPL are going to be discussed at the meeting?

#7 Re: I'll be there!

by tny

Thursday February 28th, 2002 11:43 AM

And do you honestly think anyone will take an art degree earned by means of performing as a silent surreal lobster seriously (other than perhaps a couple of theatres [must use that continental spelling] and a museum of contemporary art or two)?

Don't worry about it. You get what you earn.

#4 Schedule

by psolanki

Tuesday February 26th, 2002 2:12 PM

Whats the schedule like for this event? I\'ll be there only on Saturday. Maybe a bit on Friday if i can stretch it.

#5 Schedule is...

by MikeYoung <youngfam@nni.com>

Tuesday February 26th, 2002 2:39 PM

Just attaching the email I received about the event....

-----------------

We'll be meeting in CMU's Newell-Simon Hall, starting at 10am on Friday March first. Look for us in room 3305. Here's a map of the CMU campus <http://www.cmu.edu/home/visitors/map/index.html>. Newell-Simon Hall is in building 14, in the upper right portion of the map. Here are directions to the campus <http://www.cmu.edu/home/visitors/directions.html>. I am checking with the CMU facilities coordinator to find out if there are any parking restraints. If so, I'll let you know.

If you haven't already registered <https://donate.perl-found…nfo&conference_id=337>, please do so.

The survey results were almost evenly split between those wanting one track and those wanting two. So I've set the schedule up with one main track, with space and people available for auxiliary discussions.

In the past, we've suffered from too much information cramed into 60 minute sessions. So this time I've planned for 90 minute sessions. We may finish early in some of the sessions. If so, we can evaluate whether it's better to finish early or to be constantly cutting talks short due to time constraints.

Mitchell

Friday

10:00 -- 10:30 Opening Session, introductions 10:30 -- 12:00 State of the Mozilla Project: Mitchell Baker: 12:00 -- 1:00 Lunch 1:00 -- 2:30 Mozilla 1.0: Peter Bojanic 2:30 -- 2:45 Break 2:45 -- 3:45 Embedding: Conrad Carlton 3:45 -- 4:00 Break 4:00 -- 5:00 Building apps with Mozilla: Panel discussion lead by David Boswell 5:00 -- Potential demo relating to SVG Dinner together for those interested. We can do a count early in the morning.

Saturday

9:00 -- 10:30 Calendar in Mozilla: Mike Potter 10:30 -- 10:45 Break 10:45 -- 12:15 XPCOM: Scott Collins 12:15 -- 1:15 Lunch 1:15 -- 2:45 Community Building: mozdev.org, Yet Another Society, and working with mozilla.org: David Boswell, Kevin Lenzo 2:45 -- 3:00 Break 3:00 -- 4:00 Wrap up