Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.3 Released

Tuesday March 20th, 2007

Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.3 has been released. This update addresses several web compatibility regressions introduced with Firefox 2.0.0.2. For more information, refer to the Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.3 Release Notes.

An update to address the same regressions for the Firefox 1.5 Branch, Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.11 has also been released.

#1 security fixes

by scuac

Tuesday March 20th, 2007 5:10 PM

Apart from fixing "various web compatibility regressions", it only fixes one low security vulnerability, something to do with FTP PASV. Is that it? I mean in the Release notes they don't elaborate on what web compatibilities are fixed, as it is, was it necessary to get out an update right now?

#2 Re: security fixes

by Nitin

Tuesday March 20th, 2007 5:18 PM

I think the regressions were responsible for the early update, not the low-impact security issue

#3 Re: Re: security fixes

by baka_toroi <epremuz@propuh41.com.ar>

Tuesday March 20th, 2007 7:08 PM

/me thinks the same

#4 WHat fixes?

by usrlocaldick <dick@tienhuis.nl>

Wednesday March 21st, 2007 2:53 AM

Anyone knows what those "various web compatibility regressions" are? Could not find it in the Release Notes....

#5 Re: What fixes?

by schapel

Wednesday March 21st, 2007 3:07 AM

bug 370136 -- Firefox 2.0.0.1 and later breaks automatic client certificate authentication

bug 371525 -- password trouble with multiple accounts after update to Firefox 2.0.0.2 or 1.5.0.10

bug 371576 -- Script elements added with appendChild no longer execute synchronously

bug 371925 -- Rendering problems for tfoot

#6 "UP"grade from 2.0.0.3 to 2.0.0.2 ?!?!

by skirge01

Wednesday March 21st, 2007 2:02 PM

Anyone else get prompted to "upgrade" from 2.0.0.3 to 2.0.0.2 after they installed 2.0.0.3? I just had this happen and now it says I'm back on 2.0.0.2 again:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2

So, I checked for updates again and it downloaded 2.0.0.3 yet again. Very strange!

#7 downgrade from 2.0.0.3 to 2.0.0.2 ?!?!

by roseman

Wednesday March 21st, 2007 2:25 PM

is there any chance that might have somehow "installed" 2.0.0.2 again, instead of actually installing 2.0.0.3?

would that possibility explain it wanting upgrade "again" ?

#8 Re: downgrade from 2.0.0.3 to 2.0.0.2 ?!?!

by asix

Wednesday March 21st, 2007 3:29 PM

I upgraded to 2.0.0.3, and then made it check for updates again, and it says there aren't any updates. I think that got fixed in the meantime...

#9 Re: downgrade from 2.0.0.3 to 2.0.0.2 ?!?!

by skirge01

Wednesday March 21st, 2007 5:53 PM

If it actually had 2.0.0.2 installed, then the about window was wrong. :-) I have several installations of 2.0.0.3 on different computers and it only happened on one so far. I'll keep an eye out. Thankfully, it didn't harm anything and is working just fine.

#12 Re: "UP"grade from 2.0.0.3 to 2.0.0.2 ?!?!

by kAlvaro

Saturday March 24th, 2007 9:24 AM

It's also happened to me. I guess there is a problem in the check-for-updates process.

#13 Re: "UP"grade from 2.0.0.3 to 2.0.0.2 ?!?!

by anthony

Tuesday May 1st, 2007 7:31 AM

Yes, I have the same problem. However, after I accept the downgrade, it still show version 2.0.03 when I restart firefox.

I tried to check for update again but it told me there is no new update. It shows "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3" when I click 'About Mozilla Firefox' in the help menu. <http://www.mozillazine.or…ack.html?article=20840#13>

#10 "Customize" changes do not stay in place.

by donv

Thursday March 22nd, 2007 12:13 PM

When I drag & drop items to the tollbars or menu bar, they do not stay there after I restart FF 2.0.0.3. Neither do the icons remain small. This began happening just before I even knew there was a v. 2.0.0.3. So I actually that was a strong hint to upgrade. It did not work, in any event. One Icon does remain in place, however, the one I care about the least; Stumble Upon.

Thanks , DV

#11 Re: "Customize" changes do not stay in place.

by neilparks1

Friday March 23rd, 2007 6:50 AM

I'm guessing corrupted profile. Try backing up and deleting your localstore.rdf file.