Major (and FAST!) Progress on the GTK Mozilla Transition!

Saturday November 14th, 1998

Greg Hayes writes in with a link to screenshots at our favorite binaries site, Mozbin! Greg writes, "Amazing progress on GTK Mozilla! Check out this link for a timeline of screenshots!

Many thanks to Pavlov and the other contributors."

Also, note that the XPViewer has been "theme" enabled as well!

#1 Re:Major (and FAST!) Progress on the GTK Mozilla T

by Mark <markhb@maine.rr.spammenot.com>

Monday November 16th, 1998 7:10 AM

The screenshots look great, but I've been wondering... why does XPFE use the Netscape trademark animation?

#2 Re:Major (and FAST!) Progress on the GTK Mozilla T

by Ryan Bacon <tservo@ugcs.caltech.edu>

Monday November 16th, 1998 7:50 AM

My guess is that until Oct 26, NGL was basically a small group of Win32 developers inside Netscape. There was never any time to do any of the mozilla customization; given the choice of mozilla-izing a project and getting the fundamental engine and skeleton details to work, I would choose the latter.

#3 Re:Major (and FAST!) Progress on the GTK Mozilla T

by Mark <markhb@maine.rr.spammenot.com>

Monday November 16th, 1998 8:08 AM

I agree... I, too, would rather see the real work being done. It's Netscape's lawyers and bean-counters who would like to see the TM stuff removed, and they usually hold sway over this sort of thing. I wasn't criticizing, I was wondering.

#4 Re:Major (and FAST!) Progress on the GTK Mozilla T

by A coward

Monday November 16th, 1998 10:00 AM

i just want to know why every headline in this site has excelmation marks!!!!

#5 Re:Major (and FAST!) Progress on the GTK Mozilla T

by Chris Nelson <chrisn@statecollege.com>

Monday November 16th, 1998 10:26 AM

"A coward" wrote: "i just want to know why every headline in this site has excelmation marks!!!!"

Because it's part of their contract. If I don't put them in, I'll suffer under the weight of union labor suits, and I'll be bankrupted within a year. Those exclamation points are so damn demanding!!!

--mozineAdmin

#6 Re:Major (and FAST!) Progress on the GTK Mozilla T

by Mark <mark@knm.org>

Wednesday November 18th, 1998 8:29 AM

Where to download?

Can someone send me email with a way to pick up a copy of GTK-zilla to play with?

Thanks, Mark