Links Toolbar Landed
Wednesday October 3rd, 2001
Gervase Markham writes: "The Links Toolbar from bug 87428 has finally landed, bringing us ever-closer to full support for HTML 2.0. You'll see it in this morning's builds. The auto-show is still in development over in bug 102832. Good places to try it out are Bugzilla buglists, the W3C, htmlhelp.com and many machine-generated manuals or documents, such as the GNU Make manual."
#176 OK as an idea, but I'm more concerned about...
Monday October 8th, 2001 10:58 PM
You are replying to this message
daily annoyances right now. I haven't see the link bar pop up even a single time yet, so it's still just an idea to me, but the following are very annoying EVERY day:
1) no way to save a page with images - and in a folder? I always have to reload a page in ie if I want to save it. Very bad.
2) no way to load just an image that didn't load once the page has stopped (as with ie)? Must reload entire page.
3) I noticed the other day saving images that they were downloaded again, NOT taken instantly from cache. That's obviously bad. Then again, today on a newer nightly, they seemed to save instantly. Not sure what's going on or when.
4) seems to be some real funkyness with selecting text in a textarea such as this. Often can't put the cursor at the end, and editing get really mucked up. "ENTER" cuts a bunch of text where you enter. A daily annoyance as with this post.
5) the home button is on a useless personal bar, while the address bar is huge. Move the home button up so I can close the personal bar and get some real estate. Let us choose the buttons for the bars.
6) no toggle for full-screen like in ie? Great feature! Or a one button click to close/open all bars together???
I think this is what people mean when they say the link bar is a waste of time that could be better spent on problems that actually annoy users. Or if it isn't, then the above needs to be fixed pronto anyway. -Apart from the above I really like the new moz, especially the tabs.