Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 Released

Thursday September 14th, 2006

Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 is now available for download from the Mozilla Thunderbird product page. Users of previous version will be offered the upgrade through the Thunderbird software update system. This release fixes several critical security vulnerabilities. See the Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 Release Notes for more information.

#1 URL slashes are mixed up

by Milson

Saturday September 16th, 2006 5:05 PM

<http://www.mozilla.orgpro…birdreleases1.5.0.7.html/>

Still cannot get URLs from e-mail . and this is what I get trying to get HELP!!!

This wasreported a long time ago. Todays update has not chanegd anything,

Milson

#3 Re: URL slashes are mixed up

by rwc

Sunday September 17th, 2006 8:39 PM

Your post inspired me to write a haiku.

Put down the crack pipe. Make an effort to explain, Then we can help you.

It's not clear whether your complaint is about Thunderbird or Mozillazine. Where was this reported a long time ago? Got any screenshots?

#2 URL slashes are mixed up

by Milson

Saturday September 16th, 2006 5:10 PM

Trying again! When I read the message that I sent the URL showed up correctly! Right now, below it does not and I will repeat it.. http://\\............

"Firefox can't find the server at <http://www.mozilla.orgsupportthunderbird>",,0,0,,,,.

* Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of <http://www.example.com>

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

#4 Thunderbird security flaw?

by mestizo

Tuesday September 19th, 2006 1:57 AM

Last night whilst working on my computer I found an email sent from my account on thunderbird, it appeared in my sent items folders, whilst I was sat there and I surely did not send it myself. Im not an IT professional so perhaps the security problem does not lie with Thunderbird. I have run an ad-aware scan and norton antivirus, both using the latest definitions, and neither found virus besides the usual couple of adware devices. I have changed the passwords on my email accounts but wonder if there is another problem I should address. Any useful suggestions would be gratefully accepted. Thanks in advance Sam

#5 Re: Thunderbird security flaw?

by roseman

Tuesday September 19th, 2006 4:19 PM

one presumes that no other people in your household have access to your computer/account? (sowwy, had to ask, just to be sure)

#6 Re: Thunderbird security flaw?

by roseman

Tuesday September 19th, 2006 4:20 PM

forgot to ask, it was not by any chance an automated message from your antivirus software?

#8 Re: Thunderbird security flaw?

by ErikJanVens

Monday October 2nd, 2006 3:10 AM

My wife reported the same behaviour. I was convinced she made a mistake and accidentally clicked "Send". She had clicked on a mailto-link, which opened Thunderbird. Before she could do anything the message was out. I thought that this was impossible, but maybe she was right?

#7 google toolbar

by luckykrrish

Wednesday September 20th, 2006 12:30 AM

i have installed google toolbar for firefox and for internet explorer, but the functionalities provided for IE are not provided for Firefox, it's version 4 for IE and just 2 for FireFox, why is this? I believe FireFox is the best browser all around, and I also believe those who use just IE are illiterates of internet, they are the ones who use IE. Can any one ask google providing better support for FireFox than for IE?

#9 Re: google toolbar

by deadstone

Wednesday October 4th, 2006 6:18 AM

<QUOTE>and I also believe those who use just IE are illiterates of internet, they are the ones who use IE.</QUOTE>

really.... then why does this return an error in Firefox, and not in IE on the same machine which has MS XML 4 installed? Don't get me wrong, I like firefox, it's excellant, but little things like this are a pain...

function textXMLVersion(){

try { var xml4 = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument.4.0");

} catch (e) { // error ! window.location="SetupWarning.htm" } }

#10 Re: Re: google toolbar

by mkmelin

Monday October 9th, 2006 3:42 AM

Uh, because Firefox doesn't have support for ActiveX which is a proprietary MS format?!