Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.7 Released

Thursday September 14th, 2006

Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.7 is now available for download from the Mozilla Firefox product page. Users of previous version will be offered the upgrade through the Firefox software update system. This release fixes several critical security vulnerabilities. See the Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.7 Release Notes for more information.

#1 Update process

by baka_toroi <epremuz@propuh41.com.ar>

Friday September 15th, 2006 11:52 AM

As usual, it was brisk. Another no-hassle update.

#10 There is a hassle

by masi

Tuesday September 19th, 2006 12:00 PM

After the upgrade the RTE text editor (based on HTMLarea) of the Web-CMS TYPO3 crashes Mozilla when it tries to display the HTML source of the content. Mind that the editor was working fine and crash free for years before this fatal update.

This is the first time I ever stumbled upon such a problem. I think I'll stop the auto-updatings. Fixing security holes is fine, but they shouldn't crash the browser...

#2 Link for changes not related to security?

by MozMonkey

Friday September 15th, 2006 5:18 PM

Anyone know where to find this info?

#3 Re: Link for changes not related to security?

by sardisson

Friday September 15th, 2006 10:54 PM

This query should get you roughly the bugs fixed (for all products, not just Firefox) in the Gecko 1.8.0.7 cycle: <https://bugzilla.mozilla.….0.7&order=Bug+Number>

#4 Firefox 2.0 beta2

by Shopro

Friday September 15th, 2006 11:58 PM

Anyone know if the 2.0 series is affected by the vulns in 1.5? I'm just curious as I'm running the 2.0 beta2.

#5 Re: Firefox 2.0 beta2

by Racer

Sunday September 17th, 2006 7:40 AM

If you have 2.0 beta 2 then yes, it is affected. If you are running the nightly builds, then no; because they have already been fixed.

#6 Why the number skip?

by komencanto

Monday September 18th, 2006 12:11 AM

Why not 1.5.0.6?

#7 Don't know but..

by leafdigital

Monday September 18th, 2006 2:41 AM

Wasn't there a .6? I didn't notice. Anyhow, if that's the case and they skipped a number, then probably the answer is because the .6 was almost ready to go, then they decided not to release it because more security bugs needed fixing.

--sam

#8 Because that was last time ;)

by andrewski

Monday September 18th, 2006 6:57 AM

#9 Re: Why the number skip?

by baka_toroi <epremuz@propuh41.com.ar>

Monday September 18th, 2006 7:26 PM

Probably you made a mistake. There was a Firefox 1.5.0.6 version, the one that was skipped was Thunderbird (which went from .5 to .7)

#11 have a question - ran update, lost bookmarks

by Charnsey <charnell.s@earthlink.net>

Thursday September 21st, 2006 12:04 PM

ever since I ran the update for firefox I have had nothing but problems - is there some way to go back ?? I lost all my bookmarks and if I'm lucky - I can open only 1 browser window. Right now I'm using IE against my better judegment but cannot get firefox to open. Soemone help. please

#12 Re: have a question - ran update, lost bookmarks

by hhh

Friday September 22nd, 2006 10:23 AM

See if anything here helps first... <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks>

If not, repost your question in the Mozillazine Firefox Support Forum... <http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=38>

#13 So Now What?

by erin3272

Saturday September 23rd, 2006 8:23 AM

I accessed this site to update my Firefox Browser. After reading the "horror story" comments, I'm now a little hesitant to update the Firefox Browser (or the Thunderbird update for that matter), version 1.5.0.7. I am currently using version 1.5.0.4 (and yes, I know it is outdated), and wanted to update this morning, along with Thunderbird. Any ideas? Another reason for this posting is that my outside email (meaning NOT affiliated with Thunderbird), will now NOT let me reply/send or create/send ANY outgoing emails AND am getting messages like "update your browser...". I would appreciate any help/suggestions you, in the IT World may have? Thank You! :)

#14 P.S. - Mozilla

by erin3272

Saturday September 23rd, 2006 8:26 AM

Forgot to mention - Do I also now need to update Mozilla as well? Thanks again guys! :)

#15 1.5.0.7 "upgrade" was a mistake for me

by pcmasochist

Monday September 25th, 2006 5:51 PM

After downloading and installing 1.5.0.7 I've had many problems including (1) xp home reports that it has recovered from a serious error [3 times so far, only the last one reported to MS] (2) page up/down erratic in function, though they work fine in mozilla 1.7.13 (3) It allowed an "hourly prize notification" immediatly after I validated my mozillazine membership, even though I had popups blocked ...and I fear I've experienced only the tip of this iceberg.

My above problems, plus the vagueness of the "history" screen and the impossibility of saving the firefox history file as decypherable ascii (an issue that has bugged me for too long anyway) and the fact that I've used, and can use again, other browsers without the hassels of FireFox are some of the reasons why I'm giving up on firefox.

#16 News Ticker

by imranali527

Monday October 23rd, 2006 2:29 PM

I want to customize news ticker in my status bar from a particular website ... !!!

Any1 h've idea ?

Know the plugins/addons/extension ?

Thnx