New Modern Skin Soon
Monday April 2nd, 2001
Joe Hewitt writes:
#79 Visuals: A, Usability: D
Thursday April 5th, 2001 10:04 AM
You are replying to this message
The look between the two apps MUST be unified - there is no way around that one.
The mail style is very professional lookin, so that style should be used for all apps.
The mail style needs some serious tweaking:
1. The icons look great but are way to small. This will be a big problem with far sighted people. Also aiming a an icon is too difficult at the current size. One nice thing about NC4.x and the "classic" theme, is that the icons were large (idiot proof).
2. Although the envelope graphic looks cool, it gets in the way of usability. People will look for their icons starting from the left edge, and will always be forced to "scan" over the envelope - not good after prologed use. I suggest to loose it (sigh).
3. If the graphic stays, then the browser (and all other apps) should have a graphic too.
4. We don't want a Netscape throbber. Please use a Mozilla throbber.
5. The address book icon on the taskbar is too washed out. I suggest to put only one silouette of a person that is much larger and clearer to recognize.
6. The mail throbber should be larger
7. Did I mention that the mail icons need to be much larger? Oh yes, but it's important.
8. Most other comments here I agree with totally: go/search buttons to dark, browser wheel in taskbar too bulky/blurry, browser icon borders to bold/thick, mail icons text shouldn't be in a box, scrollbars look recessed, need option to hide/show icons text and adjust icons size accordingly.
9. I DO like the 3D effects under the mail icons and taskbar items.
10. This theme should be in addition to the Modern theme since it will be so different. Call this theme: "Classic 2". Or at least put modern on x.themes.org.