Full Article Attached Independent Projects Status Reports

Tuesday March 27th, 2001

Tony Jordan writes in:
"This week we have updates from Chameleon, Hermes, Bookie, ChatZilla, DocZilla, and ForumZilla. Enjoy!"

#1 xmlterm ?

by Salsaman

Tuesday March 27th, 2001 12:44 PM

Slightly off-topic, I know, but does anybody know what's happened to the xmlterm folks ? The site doesn't seem to have been updated since last November. When I last tried xmlterm it crashed. It's a shame if they've given up since I was looking forward to it becoming stable.

#2 Re: what's the URL.. been looking for it..

by slok

Tuesday March 27th, 2001 8:26 PM

I, too, is looking for xmlterm .. can anyone send me the URL to my email address : <slok00@yahoo.com>

thanks

#3 XMLTerm URL:

by Gerv

Wednesday March 28th, 2001 1:43 AM

<http://www.xmlterm.org> . How much searching did you do before you gave up? It's the top hit on Google...

Gerv

#4 Another project that isn't in the report

by KaiRo <KaiRo@KaiRo.at>

Wednesday March 28th, 2001 4:45 AM

We (I) have a new project at MozDev, which needs lot of help. The project is called RBase (see <http://rbase.mozdev.org>) and should get a simple RDF datasource editor that allows you to create and change simple RDF files like database tables.

The biggest problem here is that I can't code a lot - I can do some UI work (I know some XUL, yes) but I don't know the JS functions we need to manage RDF datasources.

Please look into our web pages and help us if you can!

BTW, what do I have to do to get into those "indepenent projects staus reports"? Only mail Tony Jordan? Or something else?

#5 Correct link

by Salsaman

Wednesday March 28th, 2001 6:35 AM

<http://rbase.mozdev.org/> Your link was broken...

#8 Re: Correct link

by KaiRo <KaiRo@KaiRo.at>

Wednesday March 28th, 2001 12:02 PM

Argh! It incuded the closing brackets in the link, that was the problem... Sorry, guys! And thanks, Salsaman!

#6 Re: Another project that isn't in the report

by twjordan <twjordan@yikes.com>

Wednesday March 28th, 2001 9:01 AM

If you would like to be included in the report please send me a status update by Monday evening. Your status update will be posted on Tuesday morning with any other reports I have received.

Tony

#7 Re: Re: Another project that isn't in the report

by twjordan <twjordan@yikes.com>

Wednesday March 28th, 2001 9:02 AM

Oh yeah, the email is <twjordan@zapogee.com>

Tony

#9 Thanks, will do next time! (n/t)

by KaiRo <KaiRo@KaiRo.at>

Wednesday March 28th, 2001 12:05 PM

#10 Thanks, will do next time! (n/t)

by KaiRo <KaiRo@KaiRo.at>

Wednesday March 28th, 2001 12:06 PM

#11 two things...

by macpeep

Thursday March 29th, 2001 6:49 AM

1) Maybe it's just me but I can't find a way to get back to the main page of MozillaZine other than by using back on the browser. I think it would be a good idea to make a "main page" link on the main navigation and possibly from the logo on the top bar.

2) The build bar hasn't been updated for almost a week. Any chance of getting something user driven there? Say, a voting system where users can vote for builds.. The system would check the timestamp of the builds from the "latest" dir and put up a voting system for each of them, for the.. say.. 10 last builds. People could vote thumbs up or down / rate the builds + possibly add coments. The only "hard" part here is scanning the dirs, but that shouldn't be too hard. I don't know what MozillaZine uses for it's back end but I would volunteer to do such an app if Java servlets were supported. I guess I'd also need access to either a database or the file system so I could save the vote status.. How does it sound?

#12 ... or JSP support...

by macpeep

Thursday March 29th, 2001 6:49 AM

n/t

#13 It's right there...

by mozineAdmin

Thursday March 29th, 2001 6:52 AM

...at the top of the navbar.

#14 Can it be in the banner, too?

by theuiguy

Thursday March 29th, 2001 10:20 AM

I, too, have had problems with this. I always try to click the big mozillaZine logo at the top-left of the page. Could that be a link to the home page, too? This seems to be typical on other websites. The small logo above the navigation on the right is easy to miss because it doesn't resemble the other navigation controls. I think a text link to "Home" would be very helpful, even if you leave the small graphic there and linked.

#15 I second.

by joschi

Thursday March 29th, 2001 11:06 AM

When i first started reading Mozillazine, i thought that's what daily build bar was. I think it would be extremely cool to have something like that but driven by user votes as you describe.