Mozilla 0.8.1 Released!
Monday March 26th, 2001
mozilla.org today shipped Mozilla 0.8.1. Builds are available on the ftp server and release notes are also available.
#22 My little wish list
Tuesday March 27th, 2001 4:46 AM
You are replying to this message
Here's what I want seen done for .9 or .9.1(yeah looks like there's going to be one now, too much work to do still). I think a 1.0 build should focus on stability and optimizing only with no new features added. So that's why I'm asking for this stuff to be done in the next two milestones.
1. Being able to permanently delete the Import I.E. Favorites folder! Can someone give me the bug # for this one so I can check up on the progress of it? And of course vote for it as a high priority bug! :P
2. Checked radio buttons "black dot" edge misaligned (off to the left a little) and text boxes are way too fucking big compared to I.E. 5.5. Is this even a bug? Don't these need to **exactly** the same size or is being "standards complaint" forcing you guys to have to implement it this way?
3. Auto scroll down the web page (bug #?). Sure we got mouse wheel support but it would be so nice if we scroll down a page a bit quicker. K-Meleon has it working already under his version of Mozilla. I think I should bug him to submit an official patch to Mozilla. They already got it working, now it's just a matter of like what, changing a few lines of code to make it work with the newer builds?
4. Speed, speed, and more speed! Checked last nights build out and holy hell is it a lot better than it used to be. Reloading up Mozilla takes 3 seconds instead of four. Still needs more work though. Mail/News needs to load up a bit better. The new disk cache is a damn great feature that's well over due and makes downloading web pages much more zippier. :) However what I've been seeing lately is that Mozilla doesn't like to "finish the job" in that it'll always say that it is still downloading something when it's really not doing anything at all.
5. Small complaint. Using Netscape's Classic skin is cool looking, but shouldn't the scroll bars be the same size as in other programs? Looks way too big, and I'm the kind of person who likes as much real estate on my screen as possible. :)
6. Give the poor people what they want. LDAP. :)
SMALL REQUEST <http://www.shacknews.com> Can someone help Steve Gibson out? The kid needs help in getting that sidebar thingy fix, obviously and other little formatting errors like that. Plus he swears that Mozilla can't do iFrames properly like he uses them in I.E. 5.5. I've mentioned this before, but you guys got confused on what I was saying. He has this ultra cool option thing Flat mode where you can click the "replies: xxx" link and it'll refresh that small section and put it into thread mode for all comments underneath the first comment. Try it in I.E. to see what I mean. In DThread mode you can click on any of the replies to a main comment and it'll refresh that tiny section to have the reply comment that you want to read at the top of the thread. All this is done very quick and convenient for the user to use and I like it. :) Also, try using the Shackpoll and see how long it takes you to get you to the results screen (if ever). Why does it take sooooooooo long? Is it a Mozilla bug? So can someone help him out here on this one? Please? :)