Mozilla 0.6 released
Wednesday December 6th, 2000
#42 Re: Re: Re: Re: Opera is Released - And its free...
by ChuckChunder <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Friday December 8th, 2000 7:28 PM
You are replying to this message
* Not being available on every platform under the sun does not make a browser any worse on the platforms it is available on.
* A Solaris port is planned: <http://www.opera.com/linux/faq.html>
* Opera's MDI format works well for me. I typically have a minimum of 6 browser windows open continuously (documentation mostly). If Opera didn't keep these out of my taskbar and alt-tab list I'd be driven insane. I agree that sometimes it would be useful to break a window out of the MDI but hardly critical, at least on Windows. On other platforms with better window management the MDI has less value.
* Opera's DOM does suck somewhat. The rest of the standards support is pretty good.
* When authoring pages I enjoy Opera's strictness as it quickly alerts me to any screwups I make :)
Opera is a good browser, it's quirky for sure, but I use it almost exclusively on Windows as it suits the way I work. When at play though, I use Linux and Mozilla :)