O'Reilly Open Source Convention and Mozilla

Saturday April 29th, 2000

The O'Reilly Open Source Convention, going on from July 17th to 20th in Monterey California, will have a Mozilla mini-track, with presentations by many well-known developers. Mike Shaver, Frank Hecker, Ben Goodger, Alec Flett, Mitchell Baker, Mike Ang, Rob Ginda and Paul Everitt are all scheduled to present. Topics will range from the state of mozilla.org, to an architectural overview, to numerous sessions on building upon Mozilla's platform.

Coming on the heels of the Mozilla Developer Meeting, this will be a great way to continue the conversation about Mozilla and its future. Hopefully we'll be able to set up a few Mozilla BOF sessions as well.

Thanks to gerbil for the news.

#1 Chatzilla

by basic <_basic@yahoo.com>

Monday May 1st, 2000 11:47 AM

Judging by this topic that will be talk about in the abovementioned conference:

Writing a Mozilla Application with XUL and Javascript-The ChatZilla Example

Chatzilla will be back soon?

#2 Re: Chatzilla

by gerbilpower <gerbil@ucdavis.edu>

Monday May 1st, 2000 12:30 PM

From my knowledge, Chatzilla wasn't permanently yanked, so we should see the ::insert campy suspense music:: "Return of Chatzilla!" ::ROAARRR!!!::

<:3)~~

#5 Re: Chatzilla

by krausedw <mozilla@davidkrause.com>

Monday May 1st, 2000 10:19 PM

Chatzilla is still very much alive and well. Join #chatzilla on irc.mozilla.org for help and information.

#6 Re: Chatzilla

by gerbilpower <gerbil@ucdavis.edu>

Monday May 1st, 2000 11:02 PM

I figured that, but it has been in the Mozilla builds in a while 8P

<:3)~~

#3 Re: Chatzilla

by sdm

Monday May 1st, 2000 3:28 PM

Chatzilla works fine for me...

#4 Convention Slides

by BlueEminem

Monday May 1st, 2000 9:50 PM

Will the presentations for each of the sessions be available on the web?? I may of missed something, but I don't think I will be able to get to California, being half way around the world and all.

There are some really cool topics covered by the sessions, especially the current overview of Mozilla and its various components. I would love to check them out....

#7 Re: Convention Slides

by frankhecker <hecker@hecker.org>

Tuesday May 2nd, 2000 7:10 AM

Re putting slide presentations on the web: I don't know if the O'Reilly conference staff have any general plans for making conference presentations available on the web. However I certainly plan to put my presentation up on the web, even if only on my personal web site, and I'll encourage others to get them all on the mozilla.org site.

#8 Re: Convention Slides

by jmcintyre

Thursday May 18th, 2000 12:20 PM

Presentation slides from the event as well as audio tapes of the talks will be available to attendees on-site.

This same information will be available to general public shortly after the Convention.

Joseph McIntyre Director of Conferences O'Reilly & Associates