Windows Media Player Regression Leads to SeaMonkey 1.0.4 Release

Wednesday August 2nd, 2006

An update to SeaMonkey has been released to fix the Windows Media Player plugin issue introduced in SeaMonkey 1.0.3. Like Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.6, SeaMonkey 1.0.4 contains just a single bug fix to resolve this regression accidentally introduced in the previous version. See our article on the release of Firefox 1.5.0.6 for more details about the regression, its cause and the fix. As usual, builds are available from the SeaMonkey Releases page and more information can be found in the SeaMonkey 1.0.4 Release Notes.

#1 failed update

by robjapan <staybeautiful2001@gmail.com>

Wednesday August 2nd, 2006 9:28 PM

the new update has left my firefox unable to update itself, I have had to create a new account. thank god for foxmarks I have my bookmarks back. however extensions and themes have all gone.

after I clicked Restart Now it came up with a message saying that a file was missing, click ok and then it tried to install again of course it failed again and so and so on until I ended the process in task manager.

has to be one of the extensions because my girlfriends firefox has updated fine. hope this isnt effecting alot of people, could be really bad for firefox's reputation.

#2 Re: failed update

by scuac

Wednesday August 2nd, 2006 9:36 PM

I had no problems with the update.

For informative purposes, could list the extensions that you had installed at the moment the update failed? (and if possible, versions).

#5 Re: failed update

by BenoitRen

Thursday August 3rd, 2006 8:33 AM

This article is about SeaMonkey 1.0.4, not Firefox 1.5.0.6.

#3 that would be tricky

by robjapan <staybeautiful2001@gmail.com>

Wednesday August 2nd, 2006 10:02 PM

as i had alot, (all the latest version numbers as of today - <https://addons.mozilla.or…irefox&sort=downloads>)

i know they were the most up to date because I used the update notifier checking every time i restarted.

NoScript 1.1.4.1 VideoDownloader 1.0 Adblock 0.5.3.043 IE Tab 1.0.9.5 Tab Mix Plus 0.3.0.5 Adblock Filterset.G Updater 0.3.0.4 Adblock Plus 0.7.1.1 FireFTP 0.94.2 Foxmarks Bookmark Synchronizer 0.72 Download Statusbar 0.9.4.1 Performancing 1.2 Gmail Manager 0.5 Update Notifier 0.1.4 Tabbrowser Preferences 1.2.8.9 SessionSaver .2 0.2.1.031 Flashblock 1.5.1 Restart Firefox 0.3 Check4Change 1.0 rikaichan 0.5.11

I think is all of them.... maybe.

#4 disregard everything I said

by robjapan <staybeautiful2001@gmail.com>

Wednesday August 2nd, 2006 10:05 PM

I rebooted the laptop 3 times and each time tried again and each time failed, lucky 4th time though.... now it checked for compatability updates to the extensions and just worked...

sorry if I bothered anyone.

#6 Re: disregard everything somebody said...

by roseman

Thursday August 3rd, 2006 8:55 AM

in the future, you can always try "SAFE-MODE" startup; it sometimes helps get past startup issues.

#7 Re: disregard everything i say

by roseman

Thursday August 3rd, 2006 8:58 AM

ummm, i meant FIREFOX's "safe-mode" (not WINDOWS safe-mode, but firefox's)

if you are on windows, then: start-button/programs/firefox/ then select "safe-mode"... (there is something similar available for linux/mac; forget the command line)

#8 Now it freezes up?

by dan123

Tuesday August 8th, 2006 11:49 PM

Has anyone else come across the problem with this version where, after closing the page or tab with the media player, it won't let you click on any link (it changes colour but does nothing else), then it shortly freezes up as you close other pages and tabs?