More Pics From the Last Week

Wednesday April 12th, 2000

Dawn Endico has put up some pics from the anniversary party on the mozilla.org website. I'm there, 2nd page, Waterson's there, as are cyeh, mitchell, meep, jar, kofy brown, waquar, sdagley, dmose, and bob lord.

Ryuzi also had some great pics from the Mozilla Developer Meeting in Japan. First, a giant wall-sized screenshot that participants tagged. Notice that the skin has been localized! Here's a comparison of the English and Japanese versions of the current Mozilla skin. Finally, a screenshot of a Star Trek themed Mozilla.

#1 star trek skin

by damian <daemonc@netscape.net>

Wednesday April 12th, 2000 10:01 PM

As horrible as that is, it's actually pretty interesting. All I can say is wait until some of the people who do Winamp skins get a hold of XUL. Look out.

#2 maybe

by archen

Wednesday April 12th, 2000 10:42 PM

I think XUL is a tad bit more complicated than most people who do winamp skins would want to do.

Winamp -> fiddle with bitmaps Mozilla -> mess with tons of XUL, images, CSS, and JavaScript

#4 Re: maybe

by sdm

Thursday April 13th, 2000 9:31 AM

nope, because basic skins are just css and images - no xul.

#6 UGLY!!!!

by Dan6992

Thursday April 13th, 2000 12:22 PM

I thought the default skin was bad, but that thing is hidious!!! I can't believe anyone would even waste the time to come up with something like that.

#7 Re: UGLY!!!!

by Dan6992

Thursday April 13th, 2000 12:29 PM

That's wierd! I posted this on the previous page in responce to the Star Trek skin, and it posted it here instead. Oh well incase you didn't know I'm refering to that Star Trek thing.

#8 Re: Re: UGLY!!!!

by gerbilpower <gerbil@ucdavis.edu>

Thursday April 13th, 2000 1:17 PM

I know this has happened to me before, should a file a bug to Bugzilla :)

Anyway like Chris Nelson said himself, when you have skins you will always have good ones and always have bad ones. I'm not surprise, some people do like things that would offend most people, and some do take the time to make them.

My opinion is that the Star Trek L-CARS interface looks kinda neat on TV and the movies, but are horrible to actually look at and use on a computer.

<:3)~~

#3 MozAmp is almost done... ;)

by jesusX <jesus_x@mozillanews.org>

Wednesday April 12th, 2000 11:25 PM

My Mozilla inspired Winamp skin is almost done. One window left, and I'm aiming for that now... =-]

If anyone's interested in it (MozAmp! It really whips the Lizard's ass!) mail me. It's going to Winamp.com soon... =-]

#9 Re: MozAmp is almost done... ;)

by basic <_basic@yahoo.com>

Thursday April 13th, 2000 11:35 PM

I hope it isn't anything like the current "default" Mozilla skin.

#12 Re: MozAmp is almost done... ;)

by me_at_work

Wednesday February 4th, 2009 8:34 PM

Where can I find MozAmp 1.0?

#13 Re: Re: MozAmp is almost done... ;)

by jesusX <jesus_x@mozillanews.org>

Wednesday February 4th, 2009 8:48 PM

NOWHERE.

#5 Re: star trek skin (better than current)

by CaptnMArk

Thursday April 13th, 2000 9:56 AM

At least it's cooler (and better looking) than the current default :) :(((

#10 Names?

by badben

Saturday April 15th, 2000 2:27 AM

Would be helpful, if the names of the people were listed under the pics.

#11 Re: Names?

by ryuzi

Sunday April 16th, 2000 4:19 AM

i would introduce...

a giant wall-sized screenshot that participants tagged - notoya

a comparison,a Star Trek themed Mozilla - Yamamoto(Kazu) and Furukawa(furu)

in addition,there is XUL caluculator (you can caluclate with it) by ikemoto

<http://www.wakaba.toyonak…kemo/mozilla/xulcalc.html>

OF course,there are many devote from code developper,but i have introduced the stuff that made by non-hackers.