Major Status Update at mozilla.org

Tuesday February 29th, 2000

Chris Blizzard is done moving, and has put up a massive status update, with many updates to XPToolkit, Composer, Mail/News, ZopeMozilla, and Seamonkey. If you're interested in the progress of individual components, there's a lot of good information on the status update page, so check for new updates at the beginning of every week.

#1 where is it?

by jlnance

Tuesday February 29th, 2000 1:52 PM

I only see the one for Feb 13. Where is the new one?

#6 Lower on the page

by Kovu <Kovu401@netscape.net>

Tuesday February 29th, 2000 3:45 PM

The dates get later as you scroll down.

#2 Look into my crystal ball...

by jelwell

Tuesday February 29th, 2000 1:56 PM

And you will see the future - just as mozillazine.org does and can. Believe, Believe!

Joseph Elwell.

#3 Uh - try reloading. It's there (n/t)

by mozineAdmin

Tuesday February 29th, 2000 2:04 PM

#4 Status reports tend to be posted every 2 weeks now

by sabi

Tuesday February 29th, 2000 2:25 PM

(n/t), but it wouldn't fit :-)

#5 New stuff at bottom (n/t)

by brobinson

Tuesday February 29th, 2000 3:26 PM

n/t

#7 Mozilla still dies on SMP systems...

by benmhall <bhall@moses.penguinpowered.com>

Wednesday March 1st, 2000 6:30 AM

Hi.

This is by FAR my most annoying bug:

Mozilla STILL blows up after about 10 seconds on my SMP dual-Celeron system.

It runs GREAT in the school labs (P3450's) and I remember a while ago hearing that the problem was that Mozilla wasn't thread safe.

Does anyone know if this will be resolved soon? Right now Mozilla on my Linux box is completely useless.

(I've tried compiling from sources, it doesn't help.)

Ben

#9 Re: Mozilla still dies on SMP systems...

by bsemrad

Wednesday March 1st, 2000 8:40 AM

I filed one of the original bug reports on SMP systems and have been watching the progress for a while now. There has been a lot of activity surrounding the SMP bugs lately and it appears that it will be completely fixed soon. A comment was made in one of the bug reports that one of the developers thought it was fixed in the Windows version (yesterday) of Mozilla so I downloaded todays daily release for windows and it appears to be solid so far (browsing for about an hour). I believe there were still a few problems with the linux version but those should be fixed soon.

#8 This timeline seems a little ambitious...

by sacolcor

Wednesday March 1st, 2000 8:39 AM

I'd really like to see them make this timeline and have a beta for the 2-year anniversary, but I'm a bit skeptical. There were 119 beta stopper bugs as of 2/29, and by the end of 3/1 there are only supposed to be 100? Then there's a long stretch where the bug count is supposed to drop by an average of 10/day, when there are probably going to be new batches of bugs being reported from the M14 release. I wish the best to the team, but I'd rather meet a later release target than slip an early one, and my gut says that beta won't be a go until at least 3/14. (And I do hope I have to eat these words.) :-)

#10 There are already less than 100 (n/t)

by mozineAdmin

Wednesday March 1st, 2000 9:01 AM

#11 Broken URL: Password Manager and gooey?

by mchui

Friday March 3rd, 2000 10:22 AM

On both the Feb 21 and Feb 28 Mail/News updates, a "Password Manager" is mentioned. Does anyone have any references to this system? The Feb 28 update includes a URL with a hostname of "gooey," which presumably is an internal Netscape hostname. Is there a publically available version of this document?