BetaNews - "Ask the Mozilla Team Anything"

Monday February 21st, 2000

BetaNews will be doing an informal QA with Mozilla developers. Andrew Niese writes, "Recently I've lined up an interview with some staffers at Mozilla.org and Netscape, and we are currently taking readers' questions that we will use in the interview."

#1 hmm

by sdm

Tuesday February 22nd, 2000 7:49 AM

All the posts there so far look like flame bait.

#3 They always are

by geertn

Tuesday February 22nd, 2000 9:29 AM

Whenever netscape, aol or an alternate OS is mentioned, you get these reactions...

#2 flames

by tintsch

Tuesday February 22nd, 2000 8:35 AM

They should have a quick look at bugzilla about the progress of some features.

#4 The best post ever.

by kerz <jason@mozillazine.org>

Tuesday February 22nd, 2000 9:41 AM

by f0xmuld3r, which could be the lamest name ever: "hehe, prolly stupid enough to think that open source this and that does anything. Open source is more of a hobby than anything else. Why do you think there are alreay programs that can do anything imaginable, prolly because these are the real developers who know how to code and not some "leet" loser who doesn't realize that boasting about his qualifications makes him into an idiot.

hehe"

Rock on!

#5 Re: The best post ever.

by brobinson

Wednesday February 23rd, 2000 1:00 PM

it was "pluralsingularity"

#6 Betanews comments - waste of time

by locka <adamlock@eircom.net>

Thursday February 24th, 2000 4:34 AM

Betanews is handy enough for learning about new products, but if you expect insightful comments in the discussion forums, forget it.

I have never seen so many breathtakingly stupid people and their opinions gathered together in a single place!

Take the Mozilla article for instance. It's quite apparent that hardly anyone ranting and foaming in the forum had even used the thing! The supposed questions (for the Q&A) were mostly incoherent complaints about Netscape Communicator 4.x and Mozilla having bugs - imagine that!

So in short, I suggest the Mozilla developers drop the Q&A session until the collective age (& IQ) of Betanews readers rises to double figures. In the meantime, I suggest doing the same thing Slashdot where the Q&A sessions turn out quite well usually.

#7 You took the words right out of my mouth....

by FrodoB

Thursday February 24th, 2000 9:24 AM

While Slashdot is primarily composed of *nix bigots (who tend to have degrees or experience with real computing scenarios) who can actually compose coherent messages most of the time, Betanews is almost the antithesis, made up of what appears to be 15 year-olds (I've seen third graders who spell better than they!) who have used nothing but Windows and IE. Some very few comments posted there make sense, and more often than not those are the ones that criticize Microsoft and IE for legitimate flaws and get flamed by the other 98%.

#8 Re: Betanews comments - waste of time

by gerbilpower <gerbil@ucdavis.edu>

Thursday February 24th, 2000 9:36 AM

Okay, I wasn't going to read the BetaNews post at all (for obvious reasons) but I did, and I couldn't get pass the post from the guy who wanted an uninstaller ... ROFL!!!! Sorry, I know some people aren't familiar with unzipping but how hard is it to select a directory and hit delete? Removing Mozilla off my computer is so much easier than removing other programs.

<:3)~~

#9 I'm only going to ask the team iteresting q's

by fresh <icos@arez.com>

Sunday February 27th, 2000 4:19 PM

None of the childish stuff.

-andrew