I relied on Phoenix, am I screwed?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Kwetch

I relied on Phoenix, am I screwed?

Post by Kwetch »

So... I like Pheonix and have been using it for some time. I now want to upgrade to a newer version.
Being lazy I have let P remember all manner of usernames and passwords for me and have not kept a seperate record of them.

Is there a way I can display this stuff now; or a way to assure it gets completly transfered if I install a newer version of Phoenix? ( I would prefer a no or yes with instructions, not good advice about my habits )
Jesse

Re: I relied on Phoenix, am I screwed?

Post by Jesse »

Kwetch wrote:Being lazy I have let P remember all manner of usernames and passwords for me and have not kept a seperate record of them. Is there a way I can display this stuff now; or a way to assure it gets completly transfered if I install a newer version of Phoenix?

You can extract passwords from most browsers using the <a href="http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/forms.html#view_passwords">view passwords bookmarklet</a>. First, drag the view passwords bookmarklet to your Bookmarks Toolbar. Then, go to the login form of a site where Phoenix has remembered your password. After Phoenix fills in your username and password, clicking the bookmarklet will reveal the password.
marcoslee

Re: I relied on Phoenix, am I screwed?

Post by marcoslee »

Kwetch wrote:So... I like Pheonix and have been using it for some time. I now want to upgrade to a newer version.
Being lazy I have let P remember all manner of usernames and passwords for me and have not kept a seperate record of them.

Is there a way I can display this stuff now; or a way to assure it gets completly transfered if I install a newer version of Phoenix? ( I would prefer a no or yes with instructions, not good advice about my habits )

the password and username list is in the profile dir,so unless u are using back your old profile after installing a newer version,all the password will be lost,but u can always just copy the password & username log into the new profile dir for everything to be completely transfer,the password list log name is slightly diff for every profile but the extension file is *.s

note:first let your new profile generate the password log by letting it remember the password of one single site,then find the newly generated log and copy and paste the old log info from the old profile into the new log in the new profile