Type Ahead

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
khebbie

Type Ahead

Post by khebbie »

A feature I would like to see in Phoenix is a bit similar to the Type Ahead feature (which I by the way love!!)

The thing is type ahead doesn't work with pictures.
And if you are on a page with many links saying something like "Read article" the you have to use CTRL+G many times.

In my IE I have made a small javascript that gives every link, on a page a number. You are then presented to a dialog where you enter the number according to the link you wish to visit.

The functionality might then highlight the link or go directly to the link.

Naturaly the numbers should dissappear again...

/Klaus
agamid

Post by agamid »

so each time you visit a page, numbers appear next to each image?
khebbie

Type ahead

Post by khebbie »

No you simply press a keyboard shortcut.
This will make the numbers appear and a dialog where you can enter the number according to the link you wish to visit.
The focus is then set to the link with the number like in type ahead, and the numbers dissappear
agamid

Post by agamid »

I think that's a great idea... except without the dialog. i hate things popping up like windows or dialogs when I'm browsing quickly.

sounds like it should have the numbers appear next to the images, and you can see what you type in the status bar like in typeaheadfind.
khebbie

Type ahead

Post by khebbie »

Perfect!
wget

Post by wget »

This sounds like a good candidate for an extension. Try posting your idea in the Phoenix Extensions forum and hear what the people there have to say.
To the cast and crew of Arrested Development: Thanks for the many great laughs.