1/21/03 or 1/22/03 Win32 nightly build?

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
CountZero

1/21/03 or 1/22/03 Win32 nightly build?

Post by CountZero »

Is it just me or does the nightly build has not been updated for the last two days?
willll

Post by willll »

yup. seems as if you are right. this is unfortunate as the xpi bug was fixed on 1/21
maubp

Post by maubp »

willll wrote:yup. seems as if you are right. this is unfortunate as the xpi bug was fixed on 1/21

Link to the bug:
http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=187126

See also this thread:
http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4741

Anyone know whats up with the missing Windows nightly builds? The linux ones are available...
Peter
Allenz

Post by Allenz »

I see no one is rushing to provide an answer as to why no Win32 builds. I guess they figure we are so lucky to be using Windows that we don't mind waiting :)
flii

Post by flii »

Allenz wrote:I guess they figure we are so lucky to be using Windows that we don't mind waiting :)

LMAO
Allenz

Seriously

Post by Allenz »

Is there some way to find our why there have been no Win32 releases for the past couple of days? It seems no matter how loosely Open Source is managed, there would be someone explaining the discrepancy between Win32 and Linux builds by now.

Thanks
CountZero

Post by CountZero »

So... still no nightly for the 23th... and no answer from anyone... Is Win32 platform been abondoned by Phoenix? :D
aleejooo

Post by aleejooo »

CountZero wrote:So... still no nightly for the 23th... and no answer from anyone... Is Win32 platform been abondoned by Phoenix? :D

Now it's here 3:40 PM in Florida, USA & still there are no signs of new build for Win. :( :cry: :roll:
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.
- A wise bathroom wall.
shill

Post by shill »

The latest Linux build is 01/24, and the latest Windows is still 01/20. Grr, they really don't want us installing XPI's, do they :(
rehabdoll

Post by rehabdoll »

mm, this is getting really annoying. i want my xpi!!
Allenz

Post by Allenz »

My real concern is that no one in a position to know is responding after four days without a Win32 build. Is this a technical problem or a policy position?
wirefox

Post by wirefox »

I'm sure there will be a win32 nitely shortly, in the meantime I'm using K-Meleon and find it to be a really fast and stable alternative. The Phoenix 28\12\02 works good and you can theme it.

wirefox
Allenz

Post by Allenz »

wirefox wrote:I'm sure there will be a win32 nitely shortly, in the meantime I'm using K-Meleon and find it to be a really fast and stable alternative.wirefox

One of the reasons I decided to go with Phoenix instead of K-melon was that the K-melon project seemed to be moving slowly and Phoenix seemed to be more flexible. Have your found K-melon to be as configurable as Phoenix?
ehume

Post by ehume »

This has happened before, and for about as long. Something about the Automated Phoenix-builder or something. Ask cdn.
alanjstr

Post by alanjstr »

ehume wrote:This has happened before, and for about as long. Something about the Automated Phoenix-builder or something. Ask cdn.

cdn isn't a dev. He just runs themes.mozdev and is a smart guy.
Former UMO Admin, Former MozillaZine General Mod
I am rarely on mozillaZine, so please do not send me a private message.
My Old Firefox config files