Automatic image resizing!

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
MODatic

Automatic image resizing!

Post by MODatic »

Automatic image resizing is now available in Mozilla. (I'm using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.3b) Gecko/20030118) To enable, go into Edit>>Preferences>>Appearance and check "Enable Automatic Image Resizing".

This will automatically resize down images to fit on screen and automatically resize them when you change the size of the browser window. Only problem for me (apart from the slight lag when switching tabs to a tab that has a resized image) is that when you right click on the resized image, every possible option that can be on the context menu is there. eg. frame related stuff when you are viewing an image by itself!

Click here to see this in Bugzilla.
Cheers,
MODatic ;)
old jasonb

Post by old jasonb »

Bug 73322 is still not marked FIXED - I believe that there is still a bit more code work to be done. (But the main patch has been checked in.)
Alex Bishop
mozillaZine Admin

Re: Automatic image resizing!

Post by Alex Bishop »

MODatic wrote:Automatic image resizing is now available in Mozilla. (I'm using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.3b) Gecko/20030118) To enable, go into Edit>>Preferences>>Appearance and check "Enable Automatic Image Resizing".

I agree this is cool. Here's an image that should be large enough for most people to test the feature:

http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment. ... ction=view

The image starts off resized and and you simply click once to make it full sized again. Subsequent clicks toggle between the two modes. Much better than IE6's sucky UI.

MODatic wrote:This will automatically resize down images to fit on screen and automatically resize them when you change the size of the browser window. Only problem for me (apart from the slight lag when switching tabs to a tab that has a resized image) is that when you right click on the resized image, every possible option that can be on the context menu is there. eg. frame related stuff when you are viewing an image by itself!

I'm not finding any lag when switching tabs like you describe. Image resizing seems very fast and the resizing algorithm is very good. I don't get a context menu at all when I right-click on the image itself but I get the context menu plus frame stuff when right-clicking on a blank area of the page. This is with build 2003011808 on Windows XP with a 1GHz Athlon.
Alex
Ezh

Post by Ezh »

Yep! This is a good one. Even on my 1600x1200 I have to move around sometime to see the full image.

Respect!
nicubunu

Re: Automatic image resizing!

Post by nicubunu »

Alex Bishop wrote:The image starts off resized and and you simply click once to make it full sized again. Subsequent clicks toggle between the two modes. Much better than IE6's sucky UI.

Or in NumPad + and -
nicu
<a href="http://openclipart.org">Drawing Together :: The Open Clip Art Library</a>