1/15 gdi-svg win build broken?

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
ckjnigel

1/15 gdi-svg win build broken?

Post by ckjnigel »

On Win Me, wouldn't get past dragon splash. Anybody else have the problem? (I'm doing this from 2003010923 gdi-svg which has been working great.)
herman

Re: 1/15 gdi-svg win build broken?

Post by herman »

ckjnigel wrote:On Win Me, wouldn't get past dragon splash. Anybody else have the problem? (I'm doing this from 2003010923 gdi-svg which has been working great.)

I´ll test it on Win98 in half a hour. Can I just unzip into the usual folder,
or do I better have to create a fresh one?
Are there any drawbacks besides downloadtime and diskspace used,
if you use a svg-mozilla for non-svg-browsing?

2 Megs more on disk don´t matter, but the system I´m using now got only a Celeron333 with 96 MB.

herman
jgraham

Re: 1/15 gdi-svg win build broken?

Post by jgraham »

herman wrote:Are there any drawbacks besides downloadtime and diskspace used,
if you use a svg-mozilla for non-svg-browsing?

Not that I've ever noticed.

herman wrote:2 Megs more on disk don´t matter, but the system I´m using now got only a Celeron333 with 96 MB.

herman

Heh. Try running Mozilla on a P166 (I think) with 48Mb of RAM... then you'll realise how precious the people in the phonix forum saying things like 'Mozilla is monsterous, it takes 10 seconds to start!' is. Not that I do this, but my g/f does (she.needs email and Mozilla is better than phoenix with external mail since I can provide tech support). Anyway, I'm getting way off topic here,
dzeleznik

GDI-SVG zips a couple of days ago were missing GDIPLUS.DLL

Post by dzeleznik »

I noticed that sometime around Jan 10-13 the GDI zips were missing GDIPLUS.DLL in the bin directory. If this is your problem, just copy it there from your .NET install. I also noticed that these zips had gdiplus packaged in the chrome directory, not sure why- maybe a mistake.
herman

Re: GDI-SVG zips a couple of days ago were missing GDIPLUS.D

Post by herman »

dzeleznik wrote:I noticed that sometime around Jan 10-13 the GDI zips were missing GDIPLUS.DLL in the bin directory. If this is your problem, just copy it there from your .NET install. I also noticed that these zips had gdiplus packaged in the chrome directory, not sure why- maybe a mistake.

Thanks for the tip.
Download and unzipping was ok, but it stuck at the dragon splash.
After restart, I went here to report, read your post, and copied a GDIPLUS.DLL 1667 KB 27.11.01 13:18 to the bin folder,
and it is working now: Build ID: 2003011513

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.3b) Gecko/20030114

herman