A few of questions

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
joshfeingold

A few of questions

Post by joshfeingold »

I posted three questions to the Mozilla forum, not realizing that it was not the Phoenix forum. I would like to repeat them here. I am running Phoenix .4 on Win XP.

1) Is there a way to have Phoenix automatically open the Internet Connection Dialog Box if the computer is not connected to the Internet?

2) In upgrading Phoenix from one version to the next (e.g. .3 to .4) can I simply upgrage Phoenix.exe or do I need to do a complete reinstall?

3) Is there a way to make Phoenix browse ahead on all the link on the page to prefetch any pages in advance?

Thanks for all the info!
Josh
Stefan

Re: A few of questions

Post by Stefan »

joshfeingold wrote:2) In upgrading Phoenix from one version to the next (e.g. .3 to .4) can I simply upgrage Phoenix.exe or do I need to do a complete reinstall?

Read the download and installation notes. It's very clear what you have to do.

3) Is there a way to make Phoenix browse ahead on all the link on the page to prefetch any pages in advance?

You better have huge amouts of memmory if you want to do that.
Just consider this link eg
http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=7

There are litterally hundreds of links to webpages on that page alone...
Your dialup connection simply won't be able to download that in a resonable ammount of time.
Better to take advantage of the tabs and open eg 1-3 links in the background while you read another page.
bob.sherunkel

Re: A few of questions

Post by bob.sherunkel »

joshfeingold wrote:

Thanks for all the info!
Josh

You could try running Naviscope (www.naviscope.com) and just state the proxy in Phoenix as 127.0.0.1:81. IF you use a proxy normally - you can configure it in Naviscope. It will prefetch based on certain words, block pop-ups, ads and more ...

(Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be developed anymore ....)

Bob.