Build forums?

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.

Do you want seperate build forums for Mozilla and Phoenix?

Poll ended at November 8th, 2002, 1:25 am

Yes I want seperate build forums
40%
No, leave it as it is and have build info for both in it
35%
I want something different (post)
No votes
I do not care
15%
Not another poll!
10%

Total votes: 20

velociraptor

Build forums?

Post by velociraptor »

I think the build forums should be made specific to the distro. Wondering how you feel about it...
Last edited by velociraptor on November 8th, 2002, 3:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
kerz
mozillaZine Admin

Post by kerz »

I feel like I'm going to go insane if I see another poll.
velociraptor

Thank you very much

Post by velociraptor »

Thank you for your extremely constructive and on-topic comment, Kerz. Please have a cookie, the doctor is on its way.
Tony

Post by Tony »

I also think that:
1) there are too many polls (but they are fun),
2) there should be different forums for Mozilla, Phoenix and "other".

Perhaps to help Kerz out, we should have a poll to see if other people also think that there are too many polls :twisted: .
p

Post by p »

I'd keep them the same, because I believe that most nightlies problems will be shared. This gets a broader discussion going, and doesn't risk people getting flamed in the Phoenix forum for bugs that are really part of the Mozilla code it builds on.
tmb

Post by tmb »

would there be a way that people could choose if they didn't want to see any polls so that everybody could be happy?
Last edited by tmb on December 11th, 2014, 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old jasonb

Post by old jasonb »

If they are to be kept the same - can we at least include a "link" to the Builds forum in each of the products? That way we can, logically, simply follow the product forums we're interested in rather than scrolling down to the bottom just to check one forum that's distinct. (E.g. if I'm following Mozilla, I can just stay in the Mozilla section.) I'd still prefer separate forums, but at least part of my annoyance with how it is currently is that I would like to stay within one screen section to check everything. (Granted, it's a very minor annoyance.)

Since Moved messages supply ghost links, the software must be capable of aliasing to some degree - but I don't know if it's possible for it to alias whole forums or not...
velociraptor

Hmmm

Post by velociraptor »

Even if the code is 95% the same - is not the checkin rythm completely different?
If there is a patch for mozilla, AFAIK it does *not* automatically get into the phoenix tree and
vice versa. But exactly the effect of these ongoing changes is what is interesting in the build
discussions, no?