Cannot offer new build

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Thunderbird
macrxnapa

Cannot offer new build

Post by macrxnapa »

Well...

Cool, sort of.

Despite having been showered with the nice new Thunderbird theme icons, I cannot offer this build for others to look at. My first test didn't pass.

When starting the app to make a new profile, the folder pane remains empty after completing the New Account Wizard. Did this twice just to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

Any one else (who happens to be building Thunderbird) seeing this?

-Don
mscott

Re: Cannot offer new build

Post by mscott »

macrxnapa wrote:Well...

Cool, sort of.

Despite having been showered with the nice new Thunderbird theme icons, I cannot offer this build for others to look at. My first test didn't pass.

When starting the app to make a new profile, the folder pane remains empty after completing the New Account Wizard. Did this twice just to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

Any one else (who happens to be building Thunderbird) seeing this?

-Don

Update mail/base/content/MsgMail3PaneWindow.js and you should be good to go.
Thunderbirds are Go!
macrxnapa

Post by macrxnapa »

mscott wrote:Update mail/base/content/MsgMail3PaneWindow.js and you should be good to go.

Very good. many thanks!

-Don
macrxnapa

Post by macrxnapa »

macrxnapa wrote:
mscott wrote:Update mail/base/content/MsgMail3PaneWindow.js and you should be good to go.

Very good. many thanks!

-Don

oops!!! Updated the recommended file into my debug version (built using the flat chrome format) didn't do it. I took an updated file from this mornings tree update.

Currently rebuilding TB from distclean for a 5-25 build. Should be done by 2:30 pm. Will see what happens with that.

Any recommended rescources on the xul-css-js relationship, so I may learn more about this part of the program? I'm noticing some UI issues that I'd like in look into.

Again, many thanks

-Don
mscott

Post by mscott »

macrxnapa wrote:
macrxnapa wrote:

Very good. many thanks!

-Don

oops!!! Updated the recommended file into my debug version (built using the flat chrome format) didn't do it. I took an updated file from this mornings tree update.

Currently rebuilding TB from distclean for a 5-25 build. Should be done by 2:30 pm. Will see what happens with that.

Any recommended rescources on the xul-css-js relationship, so I may learn more about this part of the program? I'm noticing some UI issues that I'd like in look into.

Again, many thanks

-Don

Can you show me what JS errors show up in the console after you start up?
Thunderbirds are Go!
macrxnapa

Post by macrxnapa »

mscott wrote:Can you show me what JS errors show up in the console after you start up?

Absolutely!!

Here are the first 2:

JavaScript error:
chrome://navigator/content/navigator.js line 1456: initServices is not defined

JavaScript error:
chrome://messenger/content/commandglue.js line 1: redeclaration of const MSG_FOLDER_FLAG_TRASH

But the one you may be most interested in is:

JavaScript error:
chrome://messenger/content/msgMail3PaneWindow.js line 889: folderSizeCol has no properties
mscott

Post by mscott »

macrxnapa wrote:

JavaScript error:
chrome://messenger/content/msgMail3PaneWindow.js line 889: folderSizeCol has no properties

That's definetely the error I checked in a fix for. I checked it in this morning. Are you sure you are up to date with that file?
Thunderbirds are Go!
macrxnapa

Post by macrxnapa »

mscott wrote:
macrxnapa wrote:

JavaScript error:

That's definetely the error I checked in a fix for. I checked it in this morning. Are you sure you are up to date with that file?

Yes, the new build shows no folder list. I updated my tree between 9:30 - 10:00am and I saw the file in the checkout list. Strange.
macrxnapa

Post by macrxnapa »

I've updated again - 4:40 pm and the file is again in the list. I'll see what happens on this next go-around...

-Don
macrxnapa

Post by macrxnapa »

Very good!!!

I once again updated this file in my debug copy of TB and found a very pleasant surprise.

5-25 build should be posted by 10:30 pm - assuming no further complications are encountered. :-)

Best, Don
brewthatistrue

Post by brewthatistrue »

macrxnapa wrote:5-25 build should be posted by 10:30 pm - assuming no further complications are encountered. :-)

where?