Firebird 0.6 milestone arrived tonight

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
ehume

Firebird 0.6 milestone arrived tonight

Post by ehume »

Asa announced it over in General. Hooray!
Firefox: Sic transit gloria mundi.
nilson

Post by nilson »

And mozilla.org doesn't even say a thing about it... They never post, like, anything there. Hmm...
*wanders off to bed* *wait, no: stays up*
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

Any serious bugs found/left in this release?

Is that web folders thing finished yet?
nilson

Post by nilson »

No the webfolders is not done... Most of the previous work on webfolders was backed out for the release. My guess is that it was going to take too much time to fully develop this and they were under a lot of pressure for 0.6... Maybe it will be ready by 0.7? As for seroius bugs, I have the build from the day before the release (yesterday) and I have not had any problems with it. I think that most of the bugs blocking 0.6 were fixed or moved. Overall, a great release.
Schpyder

Post by Schpyder »

nilson wrote:No the webfolders is not done... Most of the previous work on webfolders was backed out for the release. My guess is that it was going to take too much time to fully develop this and they were under a lot of pressure for 0.6... Maybe it will be ready by 0.7? As for seroius bugs, I have the build from the day before the release (yesterday) and I have not had any problems with it. I think that most of the bugs blocking 0.6 were fixed or moved. Overall, a great release.

The bug with the flash installer (using registry entries to enable scripting support to be installed) completely fucking up MozFbd beyond recognition is still there. :(
"More fun than a barrel of monkeys... with dynamite strapped to their backs!"
nilson

Post by nilson »

Well, I don't use the registry entries, so I didn't know about this one. I just browse to the plugins folder w/ the Flash installer. I know that this smehow limits it's capabilities, but I don't care cuz I dpnt use it that much...
Amerk_5

Post by Amerk_5 »

nilson wrote:And mozilla.org doesn't even say a thing about it... They never post, like, anything there. Hmm...

Check again. It's up now.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.13) Gecko/20060414 (No IDN)
asa

Post by asa »

nilson wrote:And mozilla.org doesn't even say a thing about it... They never post, like, anything there. Hmm...

So I'm a bad guy for telling you all a little bit sooner than I tell the rest of the world?

--Asa
Jobarr

Post by Jobarr »

Is this any different than the "nightly" that was released earlier today (around 5)?
asa

Post by asa »

Jobarr wrote:Is this any different than the "nightly" that was released earlier today (around 5)?

differently named, that's all.

--Asa
Nitin

Post by Nitin »

Finally!

I can now recommend Firebird to family, friends, enemies, neo, trinity, morpheus...
If you're not using Firefox, you're not surfing the web, you're suffering it.
Join the MZ folding@home team.
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

Great work everyone! I have written an announcement and mailed to the biggest computer neswspapers here in Sweden. Hopefully we will get some press and we have also informed the media about the translation of Mozilla Firebird Helptexts and that the browser also will be translated.
Nightsinger

Post by Nightsinger »

Nice work, although "open in tabs" for bookmarks seems to be broken in this build. Also see:

<a href="http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11031" target="_blank">http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11031</a>

This doesn't bother me that much 'cause I've used this next to never till now, but I suppose there are a few folks out there that feel bothered be this bug..
"Reality is for those who lack imagination."
HW71

Post by HW71 »

vfwlkr wrote:Finally!

I can now recommend Firebird to family, friends, enemies, neo, trinity, morpheus...

Please take care about bug 184202 - this is the most important blocker for me and the reason why I cannot recommend Moz. Firebird to friends families etc. as it is simply a "top-crasher" (at least for me).
gids

Post by gids »

Schpyder wrote:
nilson wrote:No the webfolders is not done... Most of the previous work on webfolders was backed out for the release. My guess is that it was going to take too much time to fully develop this and they were under a lot of pressure for 0.6... Maybe it will be ready by 0.7? As for seroius bugs, I have the build from the day before the release (yesterday) and I have not had any problems with it. I think that most of the bugs blocking 0.6 were fixed or moved. Overall, a great release.

The bug with the flash installer (using registry entries to enable scripting support to be installed) completely fucking up MozFbd beyond recognition is still there. :(

Same old problems with the preferences dialog 'XXBen scappy stuff still not fixed.
I would have hoped something like this would have been fixed in a milestone, a patch for it was already written, also the themes page is a bit scrappy (showing Modern theme and Mozilla) but I can lived with that.
The 0.5 release felt more polished from that perspective. I would have rather have waited a short time and have little scrappy stuff like that fixed before a big release.

Otherwise, keep up the great work.