Crashes if exiting while downloading

Post by Blake »

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start a download.
2. File -> Exit

Anyone know when this started?
Blake

Post by Blake »

Nevermind, I think I just checked in a fix.
djst

Post by djst »

Blake wrote:Nevermind, I think I just checked in a fix.

I had problems understanding what your fix do, so could you please explain to me what happens if you have current downloads and select File > Exit?

Is a confirmation displayed (I doubt that), or does it just close and cancel the downloads before exiting?
Blake

Post by Blake »

It just cancels the download right now. In the near future we'll have a confirmation dialog. In the long-term future we'll offer to pause the downloads (or just do it automatically).
RAF

Post by RAF »

djst wrote:..., so could you please explain to me what happens if you have current downloads and select File > Exit?

It exits immediately and then a windows error message pops up "Phoenix.exe has generated an error ...... eroor log will be written".

So Phoenix itself doesn't report anything.

W2K SP3
flii

Post by flii »

Blake wrote:It just cancels the download right now. In the near future we'll have a confirmation dialog. In the long-term future we'll offer to pause the downloads (or just do it automatically).

forgive me if i'm reading this wrong, but you mean that you will always have to have the browser open to continue a dl? ick.
djst

Post by djst »

Flii wrote:
Blake wrote:It just cancels the download right now. In the near future we'll have a confirmation dialog. In the long-term future we'll offer to pause the downloads (or just do it automatically).

forgive me if i'm reading this wrong, but you mean that you will always have to have the browser open to continue a dl? ick.

Not if you have a separate download dialog open for the download. If you're downloading using the download sidebar (e.g. no progress window is displayed), I guess you will cancel the download if you close the last window.

Maybe the future confirmation dialog should also be displayed if you close the last window the normal way (e.g. not using File>Exit, but pressing the X icon) and have active downloads in the sidebar?
flii

Post by flii »

djst wrote:Not if you have a separate download dialog open for the download[...]

ahhhh, i completely wasn't thinking about the sidebar. in that case, everything blake says now makes sense. sorry!